Weather??

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

Capt Cliff

Weather??

Post by Capt Cliff »

The weather in the game I am playing is a bit too strange even for England! I am in late August of 43 and the continent and England is always socked in! The weather is more like say October or November. I do reload the save game and sometimes get better weather but this is a bit much! So the weather in the game is obviously random but is there an easier way to change it? An INI file?
Capt. Cliff
RichSpeck

RE: Weather??

Post by RichSpeck »

I am not sure about the late August time frame but the weather during the fall/winter '43-'44 was worse than usual in northern Europe. It wasn't until Feb. '44 that weather patterns cleared enough for sustained bombing.
kaybayray

Post by kaybayray »

Hey Cliff ! <S> Sir !

The weather in Europe is pretty bad all the time and will always be a problem. I have lived and worked in Western Europe and the UK over several years and have described it to people in this way.... "I spent a summer in England one weekend". Although that was many years ago for me I don't believe the weather patterns have changed significantly.

Yes it is some form of a calculation that creates the weather but I don't believe it is that far out of line if at all. Remember that was one of the most serious impediments to the Air Campaign in Europe. So I believe it correct that it should be a problem for you to have to deal with and overcome in this game.

Just some friendly thoughts about this fantastic game. [8D]

Later,
KayBay
It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Eric Hammel in "Air War Europa" often mentions bad weather in August 43, In addition there are many days where no operations from England are listed.

Of Course August 17 was clear.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
john_txic

Post by john_txic »

You've never been to Suffolk in the summer, have you?
The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Its why 5 milliom of the buggers came out here!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”