Every now and again I break this one out.

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
Gilmer

Every now and again I break this one out.

Post by Gilmer »

This last time, playing as Allies, Japanese help +1, and before the end of 1942 or so, I get a conditional peace? Japanese agree to go back to prewar levels and give up all land acquired during the war, both armies stand down.

Why did this happen and is this basically a draw?

Thank you for any answers. This is the first time I have ever received that message, and I have played this one for a long time, having purchased it in the early days of its publication.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Capt. Harlock

RE: Every now and again I break this one out.

Post by Capt. Harlock »

I believe you have encountered the mysterious "early surrender" bug. There is an antidote file called "NoEndWar.exe", which I have taken the liberty of compressing and uploading. Note that it is NOT a text file: you will want to erase that last part of the file name.
Attachments
NoEndWar.zip.txt
(9.82 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

Ok, thanks. I'll give this a try. It just seemed so weird that the U.S. would "accept" a white peace surrender basically.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Ranger-75

Post by Ranger-75 »

Thanks Harlock, I think i lost this file in one of my many computer migrations. Is this a one time run to fix something in the main exe?
Still playing PacWar (but no so much anymore)...
Tony4245

Post by Tony4245 »

Is this a one time run to fix something in the main exe?

I believe it needs to be run for each game. Could be wrong, though. I know I haven't been able to use it here on my laptop with Windows 7, I get some odd error message about deprecated DLLs, or sumpin'.

It is making me nuts that in 3.2 some of the CVEs (which have airgroups) will fly off torpedo bombers, but if there is an enemy air attack, they can't be bothered to launch CAP. And don't even get me started on the IJ cheats to keep the Brits out of Akyab. Anyone have any ideas on how to edit these annoyances back out???
"BEEBLEBROX. Just be glad he's out there."
Ranger-75

Post by Ranger-75 »

Cerran, It should patch the EXE. I will have to dig out a hex editor or comparison tool - if I can find one - to verify. Otherwise, it's a cumbersome, but not impossible routine to start via a command prompt run noendwar and then pacwar in succession.

Now if i can only get the screen to display properly in XP.
Still playing PacWar (but no so much anymore)...
Tony4245

Post by Tony4245 »

Otherwise, it's a cumbersome, but not impossible routine to start via a command prompt run noendwar and then pacwar in succession.

Tried it, still got the error. However, I did manage to find the DLL, it's the runtime DLL for Visual Basic 5.0: MSVBVM50.DLL. After I found and downloaded it - worked like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

"BEEBLEBROX. Just be glad he's out there."

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”