Another 1.18 bug report

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

MillertimeRC

Another 1.18 bug report

Post by MillertimeRC »

Ok.. retyping all of this up because the first time I submitted it I got the message that I cannot post links for 7 days after my 10th post. And of course it wipes out everything I entered in the submission window. Thanks for that.

My second game of the tournament has had several serious bugs. I have screenshots, but of course I cannot include them or even give the url to them because I must be a spambot.

The first item is my ATG in a bunker. The hex is fired upon by a Flak 18, destroying the bunker. The ATG still cannot get LOS outside of the bunker facing and cannot rotate, and the "leave cover" option is still available on the unit menu. The bunker counter remains on the hex, although the terrain description doesn't show the bonus, and the next fire on that hex doesn't reflect it.

The very next activation, all of the terrain graphics disappear. No woods, bunkers, trenches, minefields, etc. I thought it was just a graphic issue so we continue to play, and then when I'm attacked I don't get the defensive bonus of the now invisible trench even though it shows in the terrain description window. The counters of trenches and bunkers are still there, but the graphic representation and defensive bonuses are lost.

I have no desire to continue playing the tournament and feel I've wasted the time so far. These are game breaking bugs and happening regularly - are they being worked on at all?
ericbabe

RE: Another 1.18 bug report

Post by ericbabe »

Thank you for your report. I can't speak to Matrix' anti-spam prevention measures. It does seem that everyone on this forum has had to deal with them; you are the first person who has complained about this that I have read.

I believe that a unit does have to leave a ruined bunker. Your unit should be able to fire normally after you do this.

You probably hit the 't' key; this toggles display of terrain on and off. Press 't' again and the terrain should turn back on. This is a feature we implemented when Uwe at Academy Games called me and asked for a 'key that would turn terrain on and off so that players could see the units more clearly.'

Return to “Tech Support”