China, transporting unit by air

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

veldek01

China, transporting unit by air

Post by veldek01 »

Hi,

Is it possible to move restricted INF unit from inside china? Moving from one chinese city to a other? City with same HQ.

Thx

Attachments
bonnie.jpg
bonnie.jpg (9.15 KiB) Viewed 175 times
veldek01

RE: China, transporting unit by air

Post by veldek01 »

I forgot, I mean by Air!
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

You can move a few of the base forces and HQs under the "China Expeditionary[R]" command between your own bases in China, but in most other cases the answer is no - you would have to pay the PPs and change the command of the unit you wished to transport by air.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

And any white restricted unit can never be moved anywhere by air. Even within the borders of China. Damn it![:@]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

CR, you can actually fly even the white "China Expeditionary" forces around in China, as long as you're going from one "CE" controlled base to another. I don't know if this was enabled in beta or if it's always been that way, but I do know that it works.
veldek01

Post by veldek01 »

I tried to move from one base to another and it's not working! The only troops that I can air transport is HQ and non restricted units! It makes no sense that you cannot move units inside your own country![:@]
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

You can move some of them, just not all of them. As to making sense, every game has it's limitations. I'm guessing it was too difficult to allow the air transfer of (most) restricted units without also opening up too many potential exploits, but I may be wrong.

Attachments
AirTrans.jpg
AirTrans.jpg (321.46 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

So long as both bases are under the same restricted command, I've never had a problem with it...

I haven't tried in China, but it's my SOP for evacuating Dutch LCUs in the early days of the war, using Catalinas and such. I've also done it in the Philippines.
wneumann

Post by wneumann »

I haven't tried in China, but it's my SOP for evacuating Dutch LCUs in the early days of the war, using Catalinas and such.
I've also moved restricted command Dutch LCU elements by air from one Dutch base to another using Catalinas and Do-24 floatplanes. You can use air transport to carry infantry, engineer and support squads, probably also some light weapon squads (depending on what the specific unit has). Vehicle and heavy weapon (artillery) elements have to stay behind. Even with the limitations, this kind of air transport can prove handy in many situations.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

I was referring strictly to white restricted Chinese units. Can't fly them anywhere. Even within China. Yellow restricted units I was able to fly to Ledo by changing their command to Southeast Asia. But there are only about 10 of those units.

Unless a recent patch has changed it. I have not tried it in well over two actual years..

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

I know you were referring to the white units, but they can be transported, too. It changed sometime within the last two years, I guess.

Attachments
White.jpg
White.jpg (180.51 KiB) Viewed 179 times
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

& check the HQ of the proposed destination base, sometimes you can change a base-hex's HQ to allow air-movement, if you are willing to spend the PP.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

I'm playing latest pacth with DaBabes lite and the only chineses units that I can moe by air are those directly attached to the Chinese Expeditinary Army. I've just tried it.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”