Generals database - life expectancy, promotion etc.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

joel9507_slith

Generals database - life expectancy, promotion etc.

Post by joel9507_slith »

Playing Soviet. I have a bunch of generals who are listed in the editor database as having short lifespans.

If I replace them, does their doom fall on their successors? In other words, say General X commanding the ABC Front has a 'last year/last month' of July 1941 and I promote Zhukhov to command ABC Front. Does Zhukhov automatically die in July '41?

Many (but not all) of the short-lifespan crowd really are crying out for being replaced but I'm reluctant to do so if it means a good general goes in and gets killed off (aren't all that many good Soviet generals to use up any on short-term 1941 assignments)

Similar question on promotions. If a general is slated to get promoted, and he's been replaced and sits out the game, will the successor get the promotions, will the idle general get promoted, or will the promotions just not happen?

Thanks in advance for any input.
KenchiSulla

RE: Generals database - life expectancy, promotion etc.

Post by KenchiSulla »

It shouldn't affect replacement officers..
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
joel9507_slith

RE: Generals database - life expectancy, promotion etc.

Post by joel9507_slith »

Thanks! Upgrading the staff this evening.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”