Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Neilster

Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P

Post by Neilster »

I've been living under a rock for about a week and when I checked online this morning I couldn't believe the amazing deals I can get on a Caribbean cruise with Carnival. Total bargain! [:D]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
sullafelix

RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals!

Post by sullafelix »

No problem, if you don't mind crapping in a bag and leave it outside your cabin.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Hmmm...sulla05, I'd prefer to be able to crap in a bag and leave it outside Warspite1's cabin. Would that work?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hmmm...sulla05, I'd prefer to be able to crap in a bag and leave it outside Warspite1's cabin. Would that work?
warspite1

Fine by me if that works for you guys.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

ORIGINAL: sulla05

No problem, if you don't mind crapping in a bag and leave it outside your cabin.
C'mon...that's all just part of the adventure. No sanitation? Disease breaking out? Little food or water? Stifling heat? Think of it as an authentic, historical themed Caribbean cruise from about 1800 [:'(]

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Neilster

C'mon...that's all just part of the adventure. No sanitation? Disease breaking out? Little food or water? Stifling heat? Think of it as an authentic, historical themed Caribbean cruise from about 1800 [:'(]

Cheers, Neilster
I rather not. I prefer my adventures to be in comfort.

I actually prefer to read about adventures rather than having adventures. Much more relaxing that way. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Orm

Cheers, Neilster
I rather not. I prefer my adventures to be in comfort.

I actually prefer to read about adventures rather than having adventures. Much more relaxing that way. [:)]

Sorry Neilster, but I agree with Orm. When I go camping I do so at The Mandarin Oriental.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Personally, I prefer the Black Hole of Calcutta. India is so lovely this time of year, and you meet so many interesting people gasping for air. And the view is spectacular!
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Personally, I prefer the Black Hole of Calcutta. India is so lovely this time of year, and you meet so many interesting people gasping for air. And the view is spectacular!

Yep, nothing like 115 degrees in the shade, with 199% humidity.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Yes, Mad Dogs and Englishmen!
parusski

RE: Carnival cruises...amazing deals! :P

Post by parusski »

I've been living under a rock for about a week and when I checked online this morning I couldn't believe the amazing deals I can get on a Caribbean cruise with Carnival. Total bargain! [:D]

Cheers, Neilster

BTW, what is life like under a rock? I have always wondered.
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

The reported decision not to allow the ship to be towed to Mexico due to the cost of then having to fly passengers to the states is going to cost the company big time. It is directly responsible for the disgusting situation that then developed. Assuming the reports are true of course, can't really trust the media to get it right these days, so who knows for sure. I think I'll take a look at shorting a few shares of their stock.

Jim
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Now come the Lawyers chasing Law suits.  I have very little respect for that profession.  I am sure their some good ones out there.  All the medical commericals of law firms chasing money.  I am sure there had to be a car load of them at the pier.[:-]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I can speak for those who actually have taken cruises with them. Twice. It was a wonderful experience. It's a shame that this one thing will forever mark them.
ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

The reported decision not to allow the ship to be towed to Mexico due to the cost of then having to fly passengers to the states is going to cost the company big time. It is directly responsible for the disgusting situation that then developed. Assuming the reports are true of course, can't really trust the media to get it right these days, so who knows for sure. I think I'll take a look at shorting a few shares of their stock.

Jim
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

My wife and I have taken two cruises and we enjoyed both. But doubt if we take another.
ORIGINAL: rogo727

I can speak for those who actually have taken cruises with them. Twice. It was a wonderful experience. It's a shame that this one thing will forever mark them.

Jim
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Jim

Won't do any good. The stock, after the initial small selloff, has largely stabilized.

If you think about market share of the cruise industry, they have something like 50%, so you'd figure that half of the cruise ship problems / disasters would belong to them by virtue of their market share if nothing else.
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

There are definitely dodgy bastards (bastardettes?) running some of these companies. The cruise lines have their legal position pretty tightly sown up, so suing Carnival may be difficult.

This industry is growing fast and the evidence is that people soon forget about this sort of incident. Cruising is a good fit for Americans because they only want to unpack once, want to visit exotic destinations but want all the comforts of home. Cruising is generally an enjoyable experience also. My parents went on the new Queen Elizabeth around the Mediterranean and loved it. It was also cost effective when you consider the convenience, facilities, paid for accommodation and included meals.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

Won't do any good. The stock, after the initial small selloff, has largely stabilized.

Yeah I meant if they get hit with a large penalty judgment for basically forcing passengers to stay aboard ship instead of docking earlier just to save a few bucks on air fare. It'll drop a good ways if that happens and you can always buy extra shares when you buy back the short and take some more profits on the way back up. But as I said, the media may just be reporting rumors right now, fact checking is a thing of the past with them these days.

Jim
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Yeah I meant if they get hit with a large penalty judgment for basically forcing passengers to stay aboard ship instead of docking earlier just to save a few bucks on air fare. It'll drop a good ways if that happens and you can always buy extra shares when you buy back the short and take some more profits on the way back up. But as I said, the media may just be reporting rumors right now, fact checking is a thing of the past with them these days.

Jim

Well, buy the put then rather than the unlimited risk of shorting the stock. Or, sell the put and realize the upside potential after it resumes its climb. If the Costa Concordia disaster didn't damage their stock long-term, having some passengers pooping in bags and eating ham sandwiches for a few extra days won't kill 'em.
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

rather than the unlimited risk

No risk, no reward, I never hedge. That said I never invest anything I can't afford to lose.

Jim

Return to “General Discussion”