Where am I supposed to install ?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Vampyrebe

Where am I supposed to install ?

Post by Vampyrebe »

Hello guys,

I just built a new computer, and now I'm spending time in installing the games I had previously. THe only big difference for me this time, is that I can't find out how to install properly DW and the 2 dlc.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bits, and I have a SSD boot up for the system, and a HDD for anything else. When I start with DW, it's all fine. It ask me where to install and I replace the C:\ with E:\ (E: being my HDD, C: is the SSD). It installs, I make the update, and I start the game. It's working, no big deal.

When I install the first DLC (shakturi)it is telling me it will install in the path by default which is -blank- pure nothing. I guess it is searching on my c drive and don't find it, so I go for the e drive, point the DW folder and install there. When I try to make the update for the shakturi, it tells me it's up to date. When I start the game, just nothing is happening at all. No error, the game doesn't even start.

Same for Legends.

Since I have no clue whether if I should be installing it to the root of DW or inside a contained folder (dw\shakturi) for example.

Could you guys light me up on this and let me know where I'm supposed to install it ?

Thanks

Vampyre
Arcatus

RE: Where am I supposed to install ?

Post by Arcatus »

Sorry, I have no useful info - I installed on C.

However There has been similar issues elsewhere on the forum lately. (Starting the game, but nothing happens). here

Seems like a possible related issue? - as RotS has also been patched recently...
Vampyrebe

Post by Vampyrebe »

Ok, guys, answering my own questions :-)

So, I used another download. My first try was recovering my files from Plimus. I got the latest patch, which didn't work for an unknown reason. So I contacted Plimus, and asked them a new download. Which I received. Using the original files (unpatched), works fine on the system.

Only the lastest patch doesn't work on my system... Weirdo... But the original problem is now solved.

For those wondering, it's in the root of DW, wherever this one is.
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

I'm not sure about your other questions/issues but the install path for the expansions is to the folder for the base game.  For me this is C:\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds.  (So wherever you installed the original, no contained folder.)

Hope this is some help.  [:)]

Edit: I thought you were a vampyre but it turns out you're a ninja... [:D]
Vampyrebe

Post by Vampyrebe »

Yes it did, and with the right installer, everything is working perfectly now ! Thanks !

Return to “Tech Support”