MONSTERS!

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

JudgeDredd

MONSTERS!

Post by JudgeDredd »

Has anyone actually beaten this scenario? I'm getting tanked (pun intended) and I'm only playing on the default normal difficulty
Alba gu' brath
tsnouffer

RE: MONSTERS!

Post by tsnouffer »

Are you playing as the Germans?

If so, one strategy is found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/363 ... he-monster

Basically, knowing that the first hill is a bit of a red herring and the use of smoke are key. Sprint to the objectives that a re further away as they are more valuable. Get up high, hide behind more smoke and hope for some good rolls agains the T-34s.

This is based on the tabletop game so I'm not sure how Persistent APs would affect all that it that is they way you a re playing. Good luck and report back!

Games from the Front
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Thanks. I'll look at the strategy used.

I don't use persistent APs
Alba gu' brath
fentum

Post by fentum »

I beat the AI on normal by creating a big group of tanks on the left then sweeping over the hill using group moves and fire groups.

They went over the hill then moved east to engage the T34 monsters up close and personal. The eastern tanks swept right, avoiding the hill.

The AT guns and trucks got wasted where they stood.

The half track and LMG sprinted to the rear west VP.

Was close on points. The T34s were used poorly by the AI.
fentum

Post by fentum »

I beat the AI on normal by creating a large group of tanks on the left. They swept over the left end of the closest hill then swung east to engage the T34s up close and personal.

Meanwhile, the right side tanks headed east round the closest hill.

The AT guns and trucks died where they stood.

The half track and LMG sprinted for the rear western VP.

It was close in the end. The T34s were not as scary as I had imagined, though the AI didn't play them very well.

I didn't use smoke to block initial Russian fire lanes, though I believe that is a good German option.
fentum

Post by fentum »

So good I posted twice!

Accidentally!

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”