Alexandrovsk Doesn't Get Suffient Supplies

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

LowCommand

Alexandrovsk Doesn't Get Suffient Supplies

Post by LowCommand »

Alexandrovsk doesn't seem to "get" suffient supplies (/50 with 2,516 required at the moment.). It's Jan 24, '43 in my stock game and I've just notice that Alexandrovsk is desperatly short of supplies. Yes, I should have noticed sooner, but, well, since the Allied player can't do much about Russia, I haven't paid it much attention. I set the place to the standard, defalt for Russia, everything expand, all aircraft train 40% back in the first turn.

I'm a little surprised that I haven't seen anything about this anywhere else in the forum. The requested fix is to crank the supples up a bit or include a bit more information, like in the long requested but hard to do updates to the manual.

Now that I'm looking I see a number of other problems in Russia:

Birobidzhan - Avation Support 90, required 160
Okha - Avation Support 8 Required 108
Petropavlovsk - Avation Support 90 Required 126
Kuibyshevka - Avation Support 90 Required 128
Krasnoyarsk - Avation Support 60 Required 100

Since the aircraft are set on training, this doesn't seem to be that much of a problem. Still, it looks like Russia should get a little work.

I'm sure this is more stuff I'm missing.

"Mines reported in the fairway,
"Warn all traffic and detain,
"'Sent up Unity, Cralibel, Assyrian, Stormcock, and Golden Gain."
Rainer

RE: Alexandrovsk Doesn't Get Suffient Supplies

Post by Rainer »

Playing against AI you don't need to worry about Russia.
Not until 1945 the Russians will come into play.
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: Rainer

Playing against AI you don't need to worry about Russia.
Not until 1945 the Russians will come into play.

I think especally with the AI because the AI ignores garrison requirements.. unless the scripts have changed ... sometime after turn 800 the Russians are activated.. has this recently changed?
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
LowCommand

Post by LowCommand »

You need to pay a bit of attention to Russia, even when playing against the AI, like I just found out, or important units will die of starvation and such.

Alexandrovsk is off by its self and has two units to supply down trails. Okha with a lot less to supply gets almost twice as much /90.

The lack of air support at the bases I noted is less of a problem and possibly intended. After the fighting starts the excess AC can be moved or just not used. The shortage of supply is probably NOT intended. I suspect that after the scenaro was created, various changes increased the supply requirements. I'm surprised nobody else has noticed the problem.

I assume that without starting a war, there isn't much I can do for Alexandrovsk. I've shut off construction and stopped flights.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: LowCommand

Alexandrovsk doesn't seem to "get" suffient supplies (/50 with 2,516 required at the moment.). It's Jan 24, '43 in my stock game and I've just notice that Alexandrovsk is desperatly short of supplies. Yes, I should have noticed sooner, but, well, since the Allied player can't do much about Russia, I haven't paid it much attention. I set the place to the standard, defalt for Russia, everything expand, all aircraft train 40% back in the first turn.

I'm a little surprised that I haven't seen anything about this anywhere else in the forum. The requested fix is to crank the supples up a bit or include a bit more information, like in the long requested but hard to do updates to the manual....

It hasn't been "discussed" previously because it is

(a) not an issue for those of us who do look at the Soviet situation beginning on 8 December 1941, and
(b) was already addressed by the devs in patch #1 dated 9 Sept 2009 as follows:

7. A number of remote Soviet bases did not have local supply generation, which leads to them eventually running out of supplies. Sufficient local supply generation has been added to these bases to ensure that they do not run out. In addition, excess resources and oil has been disabled to prevent these from building up to huge stockpiles. The affected bases are “Anadyr” (158,30), “Magadan” (138,32), “Petropavlovsk” (141,44), “Alexandrovsk” (126,41), “Okha” (128,37).

The Soviet units will not die from starvation. That situation is only a theoretical possibility if they are in combat without adequate supplies. If in combat, the Soviet fleet is mobilised and you can sealift in additional supply.

In any case, it is a database issue, not a game code issue and therefore outside of michaelm's area of responsibility. As the other devs specifically created the situation which has now caught your eye, I very much doubt that they will exhibit any interest in revisiting this "issue".

Alfred
LowCommand

Post by LowCommand »

Thank you Alfred, I see that it has been addressed once. I'm running the latest Official version so Alexandrovsk does get some- /50. And, no, I didn't realize that the units would not die. I tend to get excited when a unit hits zero supply after reading a few stories from the bypassed Japanese islands. Also I did not realize that there was that sharp a division of responsibility. Thank you for replying and clarifying the situation.

I remember that there have been a few passes through the database scrubbing for errors. Perhaps I can dump this into the bin if there is another pass. I suspect that since the ’09 patch, something(s) have been added at Alexandrovsk causing it to run dry. Especially since Okha is less important and has much lower supply requirements, yet gets almost twice as much- /90. In my quick pass through Russian territory, all the other bases are running nice but not extreme surpluses.

Return to “Tech Support”