a good game, but I miss..

Alea Jacta Est is a series of Ancient Strategy Games using the renowned and proven AGE engine. The first in the series is Alea Jacta Est, which features the Roman Civil Wars. Other games in the series are Birth of Rome and Parthian Wars. The latest entry, Hannibal: Terror of Rome, highlights the Second Punic War.
jnpoint

a good game, but I miss..

Post by jnpoint »

I find this game good, but I really miss the opportunities to build walls (not only rebuild), build harbor, etc.
I'm not used to AGEOD games, and maybe all their games are about battles and not so much about empire/city building, but still I miss what I mentioned above.
Franciscus

RE: a good game, but I miss..

Post by Franciscus »

Hi

There are some specific regional decisions that allows to build a "castrum" in a region without a city or to rebuild walls in a city, but in fact most Ageod games are not about empire building but specific campaigns (there's an exception of sorts, PON - Pride of Nations, but that's another "beast" [:)])

Regards)
Former AJE team member
Ralzakark

RE: a good game, but I miss..

Post by Ralzakark »

Timescales in some scenarios would presumably prohibit building walls and the like. Anybody have some examples of how long it took historically to fortify a city, from the original idea to completion?
Ossipago, Barbatus, and Famulimus

Return to “Alea Jacta Est Series”