Razing the Reich

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

STEF78

RE: Razing the Reich (No Pelton)

Post by STEF78 »

Not sure to have understood what you will do (I'm not native english speaking). Do you stop the game?

Even if the defeat of Pelton is 99% certain (the 1% is given if you let your baby playing the game instead of you), It would have been nice showing that retreating to Poland in 1941 isn't a good strategy. Even if you are a very skilled player like Pelton.

If you decide to continue, I will be pleased looking at your AAR. I've learned a lot from it
- your initial defence was trully impressive
- your way of attacking a deep level 3 forts learnt me a lot

Thanks
GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
mmarquo

Post by mmarquo »

I agree with Flav; something unique to this game corrupted the programme - whether by chance or design, matters little; it has sucked up enough of your life and this will not refunded. Anyone with even a modicum of WITE intelligence knows that MT outplayed Pelton, and now knows that the "retreat to Poland" gambit in 1941 is not viable. Game, set, match.

Life is a well of joy,
Where the rabble drinks from the well, the water is poisoned.

Marquo
turtlefang

Post by turtlefang »

Has Pelton reinstalled his game?

I would think both of you need to erase and reinstall the game just in case its a corrupted file some where.

Don't know if its possible on a server game, but can you save the files just for game data and not the game operating system? Then pick it up after complete re-installs by both of you?
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Stef78 the game ended because of bug/corruption see here

tm.asp?m=3254415&mpage=4

I think the problem must be in the save file itself because JB never suggested a reinstall. But I will be doing a reinstall anyhow.

STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

So, it's clear, you won this game, and in my opinion, you won it during the summer of 1941.

Congratulations.

Good luck against Glvaca.

And did you even lose a game , either as SHC or GHC?

GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
turtlefang

Post by turtlefang »

I suspect your right regarding the save file but given everything that people have done, I just don't see anything else to try but a reinstall on both ends of the game.

It would be a long shot but the only one I know to suggest at this point.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

No it's done now. Pelton is happy to let it go. I will leave it on the server just incase a remedy comes up at a later date.

As a footnote Pelton now says he was having some weird stuff happen as well. But did not make it public or report to JB.

I know I had the game won. But its nice to have your opponent acknowledge that. Not happpening so time to move on.

I have an opening now for another game. I have PM one possible opponent. If he declines I will looking for a new one.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Thanks for the post-game analysis-outstanding. Appreciate your acknowledgement of a personal goal to win in '44 and an approach to do just that.
Banori

Post by Banori »

Thanks for an interesting game. Every day / week i look for the news. or what had happened.
in my opinion you have won the game. He couldn´t change the results.
Thanks a lot for that again
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

ORIGINAL: Michael T
I have an opening now for another game. I have PM one possible opponent. If he declines I will looking for a new one.

If it doesn't work out, let me know. I may be ready to jump into another one.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

@M60 Noted. Will PM you when I hear back from another player who I have approached beforehand.

Meanwhile the final postscript to this game.

A kind individual who does scenario work for 2by3 offered to rebuild the game using the current game state. I was very happy to go down that path but Pelton has declined.

AFV

Post by AFV »

If they can fix it, and he declines, that's a loss for Pelton then. I mean, officially because we all know it was already lost for him.
Balou

Post by Balou »

...but Pelton has declined.

Did Pelton told you why ?
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

He says the 'ammo bug' has warped the game and he would only agree to go right back to June 42 (which is impossible anyhow) or start from scratch. Clearly I have no desire to start again from T1.
It matters not as I know I won and so does everyone else no matter what his scorecard says.

Balou

Post by Balou »

This is very intriguing.
1. No one, no dev etc. has ever been able to recreate the weird results.
2. I have never seen a "smart" bug like this one (smart because it hit where it really hurts).
3. The other guy is happy to let it go.
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

A kind individual who does scenario work for 2by3 offered to rebuild the game using the current game state.

I feel I ought to add some clarification to this statement to avoid any misunderstanding.

- I offered, when I had time, to create a scenario from scratch using the current in game positions as the basis for the setup. This is not quite the same as rebuilding the game. The offer was made on the proviso that I could successfully access each of the players save turns which had not been established. I know of no way to turn a sav file into a scn one.
- Although I am involved in the new scenario disk as stated here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3248636 I don't have a contract with 2by3 and my offer was a purely personal suggestion.
- I also placed some stipulations on the level of detail I was willing to recreate as there is a law of diminishing return between fidelity and the effort required to achieve it. For example an overall unit TOE % and Exp can be set in the editor in half a dozen clicks (and can be done as a bulk operation for groups of units if need be) whereas accurately allocating precise numbers to the individual elements that make up a unit's TOE must be done one step at a time and is not only tedious but hugely time consuming.
- I should also highlight that I don't believe that setting the balance between what I was willing to do and achieving bi-partisan agreement between the players would have been easy. Morale, experience and TOE levels are immotive subjects - especially if you have husbanded some units carefully and a scenario designer suggests for simplicity that a blanket TOE and Morale level for all units is a great idea.
- I have no axe to grind towards either player - it just seemed to me to be a disappointing end to a great matchup - that's why the scenario would have been namedwith a fair degree of accuracy 'Clash of the Titans'.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
AFV

Post by AFV »

Ok, I see. I can understand Pelton's response now.
That is a very generous offer, nonetheless.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

An interesting development.

tm.asp?m=3254415&mpage=4&key=&#3282063
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

With the processes now in place at Slitherine (saving all of Bobo's and Pelton's moves) there is a very good chance this bug/problem will get fixed. However it would seem even if the bug is fixed Pelton will be reluctant to resume this game (doh, I wonder why?). If he refuses to continue thats it for me, I will be claiming he lost thru forfiture.

Hopefully he will be man enough to play on but one never knows what he will do.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

It seems Pelton is willing to play this out. Is that true Pelton?

tm.asp?m=3381109&mpage=3&key=

Return to “After Action Reports”