Mud and HQ support (Construct. Bns)

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Balou

Mud and HQ support (Construct. Bns)

Post by Balou »

I realize that the “range” of Corps HQ is limited in mud times, so that they have to move closer to their subordinate troops in order to support them. How about Army HQ ? Somewhere it has been stated that high admin values of both Corps HQ and Army HQ leaders may benefit construction battalions in fortifying/digging. If so, is the range of Army HQ and their “administrative support range” equally limited in mud ?
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
Disciple

RE: Mud and HQ support (Construct. Bns)

Post by Disciple »

I can't say with absolute certainty but Soviet Army HQ's are limited and I can't think of why German Army HQ's should be any different.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

Hmm, 15.3.2.2. has range in hexes, so why should it be limited in mud?
Balou

Post by Balou »

@ gingerbread:
to be more precise: I was rather thinking of the command range modifiers (11.3.2). I cannot find any reference to weather as a factor, but since supply depends on range, "effective" command range might change too - at least that's what I worried about.
“Aim towards enemy“.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

A range in hexes is not affected by weather (and don't give the devs ideas for more complexity [;)] ).
Balou

Post by Balou »

[:D]
“Aim towards enemy“.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”