Instant Ships just add water and the unsinkable KMS Krebs

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: doomtrader

JLPOWELL

Instant Ships just add water and the unsinkable KMS Krebs

Post by JLPOWELL »

I am pretty sure the instant ships for the AI is WAD (sucks but...) The Axis AI loves to build lots of ships (ground forces not so much doh!) this is not a bug but a design issue which IMO should be reviewed.

The unsinkable KMS Krebs (a German CV)

Off the Darlak islands (WAAAY far from any GE bases) lives the KMS Krebs. Reported hits don't seem to 'take' or the ship is'healing' 15000km from the nearest base. I counted over 15 'hits' reported on this vessel Looking at the reports file it appears that at least interception losses are not being counted but are reported. This ship never went below 3 HP. A cursory examination of the reports.dat file appears to support this.

Playtesting GC 1.04

"Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"
JLPOWELL

RE: Instant Ships just add water and the unsinkable KMS Krebs

Post by JLPOWELL »

ORIGINAL: JLPOWELL

I am pretty sure the instant ships for the AI is WAD (sucks but...) The Axis AI loves to build lots of ships (ground forces not so much doh!) this is not a bug but a design issue which IMO should be reviewed.

The unsinkable KMS Krebs (a German CV)

Engaged in a multi month (seriously can anyone really say the naval rules are 'OK') carrier battle (engaged by 5 RN CV Units) off the Darlak islands (WAAAY far from any GE bases) lives the KMS Krebs. Reported hits don't seem to 'take' or the ship is'healing' 15000km from the nearest base. I counted over 15 'hits' reported on this vessel Looking at the reports file it appears that at least interception losses are not being counted but are reported. This ship never went below 3 HP. A cursory examination of the reports.dat file appears to support this.

Playtesting GC 1.04

"Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"
Omnius

AI Has Molly Brown Ships

Post by Omnius »

JLPOWELL,
Don't you just love those Molly Brown unsinkable AI ships? I've noticed that AI controlled ships rarely go back to port, they certainly have no operations time limits like we do. I also think that the AI's cheat and do ship repair at sea.
Omnius
Razz1

RE: AI Has Molly Brown Ships

Post by Razz1 »

As far as I'm concerned the only playable game is the Third Reich as I fixed all the bugs.

The problem you are encountering is:

AI can repair a ship at sea but only a little.

AI creates another ship with the same name. So you think you sunk it but another one appears with the same name.

The script just spams ships.

Return to “Tech Support”