ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) March 1943!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Mike29

RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike)

Post by Mike29 »

Guys, some questions.

1. Soviet Guards air base. How shall be counted 400 frags? I permantntly move groups between fields, do they count from zero any time or what? Or I can just collect units with required stats and it shall become guards?
2. How many fast units to create? Please advise, how many tank corps and mechanized corps you see to be optimal for USSR in 1943.
3. Recovering units from static mode. I turned some units into static mode during Great Battle of Orel (to create infantry corps). I found this is a bait. Will recovering be cheaper in 1943?

Thank you in advance!

Mike29

Post by Mike29 »

T59. 30.07.1942. Unpleasant turn for us. Orel pocket destroyed, and Germans changed tactics. Instead of expected attack on Bryansk brigdehead Kamil much to our surprise enticed by units of Voronezh front. 12 divisions, including one guards are doomed. Nerertheless we held very important position for futher offense. Germans now avoids direct assaults and work on flanks.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 36 times
Mike29

Post by Mike29 »

T59. 30.07.1942. This is first time German turn losses in the air exceeded ours.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (111.29 KiB) Viewed 36 times
hooooper_slith

Post by hooooper_slith »

It looks as though the tide has turned. I hope your opponent fight all the way to the fuhrerbunker. AFAIK there's very little information about how long it takes to get from Vorishilov to Berlin. I would guess November 1944 ....
Mike29

Post by Mike29 »

Thanks for optimistic forecast. Exactly I made a screen of dinamics in Smolensk area. It calls "Im Westen nichts Neues". And more suitable for Verden-1918.
4 hexes for 6 month (since February). But now we are on T63, and situation is more active. Smolensk battle now is on its peak, we offense massively from Bryansk brigdehead, piles of corpses in best traditions of humanwaves.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 36 times
Mike29

Post by Mike29 »

ORIGINAL: Mike29

Guys, some questions.

1. Soviet Guards air base. How shall be counted 400 frags? I permantntly move groups between fields, do they count from zero any time or what? Or I can just collect units with required stats and it shall become guards?
2. How many fast units to create? Please advise, how many tank corps and mechanized corps you see to be optimal for USSR in 1943.
3. Recovering units from static mode. I turned some units into static mode during Great Battle of Orel (to create infantry corps). I found this is a bait. Will recovering be cheaper in 1943?

Thank you in advance!

smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

Based on my experience playing as axis into '45 I think you'll be in Berlin before you get to 1945. I started June 1944 essesntially on the Dnepr all along the front and my esteemed opponent Von Beanie is on pace to capture Berlin in late February or March 1945 (unless those wonder weapons the Fuhrer promised arrive). I found that once the axis infantry divisions upgrade to 1944 TOE they become nothing more than speed bumps for the Red Army and you appear to be in excellent shape in this one.

I'd hit him hard with your forces north of the Crimea. His lines are already extended because of this area and he will either have to pull back with Army Group's A and B or send his panzers from other areas of the front (and thereby weaken those areas) to stabilize the Crimea. Once '43 hits build up a bunch of infantry corps down there with artillery units supporting and let your cavalry corps exploit - this should give your opponent plenty of trouble.
randallw

Post by randallw »

I believe the kills for air bases are from whatever happens with air units that happen to be attached to it at that very moment, and are of that permanent count for the base itself, independent of air units moving around later.
Blubel

Post by Blubel »

2. Go for what the Soviets did. 24 tank corps and 12 mechanized corps.
3. I'm pretty sure it is not.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: Blubel

2. Go for what the Soviets did. 24 tank corps and 12 mechanized corps.

suspect that's too many for '43 but have only ever got to Jan '43 myself (current game v Smokin Dave). Depends on how many spare trucks you have. If you don't have endless arms points I would prioritise inf corps and arty divs
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Mike29

Post by Mike29 »

Thanks very much to all! Will think about it. When I will be able to create art. divisions?
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

october 42 for arty divs (and good upgrade in March 43)
rocket divs Dec 42
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Mike29

Post by Mike29 »

T60. 06.08.1942

General situation.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (3.68 MiB) Viewed 36 times
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Not many AAR's (1) where Germans are doing good in 1942. Almost all have to go defensive by August or sooner.

The massive morale hit taken in 41/42 blizzard is a HUGE unhistorical game changer.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
KamilS

Post by KamilS »

My biggest problem is not morale, but replacements. Units involved in offensive operations are of good quality, but after few turns of fighting their TOE goes down and despite massive pool of manpower and armaments do not increase.

I refit them, many are not in enemy ZOCs, my HQs are on 100% TOE, supply level is good, and still OOB goes down and manpower pool increases.

This is limiting factor for me.
Kamil
Mike29

Post by Mike29 »

ORIGINAL: Kamil

My biggest problem is not morale, but replacements. Units involved in offensive operations are of good quality, but after few turns of fighting their TOE goes down and despite massive pool of manpower and armaments do not increase.

I refit them, many are not in enemy ZOCs, my HQs are on 100% TOE, supply level is good, and still OOB goes down and manpower pool increases.

I hope my Guards infantry corps is another not least limiting factor [;)]
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Yes the last replasemnt system is really killing GHC wait until your on defensive, its a distater.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Mike29

I hope my Guards infantry corps is another not least limiting factor [;)]

You dont even need to have Corp at this point Mike29, simply put GHC divisions in ZOC and over time the toe drops with out combat.

Its alrdy and easy win for SHC with out the latest nerf to something that did not need to be nerfed in the first plase.

Why did 2by3 install another Middle Earth nerf in the first plase, 2by3 want Russian winning in 43 now instead of 44?
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Mike29

Post by Mike29 »

Each turn I see his tanks in a hasher since May, what are you talking about? In 41 TOE down to 50% in August-September. Now battles much more intensive.
KamilS

Post by KamilS »

Kamil

Mike29

I hope my Guards infantry corps is another not least limiting factor

[:)]
Kamil

Return to “After Action Reports”