A new ACW..

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Aurelian

RE: A new ACW..

Post by Aurelian »

Was Reagan a Marxists?

Ronald Reagan supported an assault weapons ban, the Brady Bill on background checks and, in 1986, signed the Firearm Owners Protection Act, which was hailed by gun rights activists for its numerous protections for gun owners. But it also banned ownership of any fully automatic rifles that wasn't already registered on the day the law was signed.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: parusski

LOL, ya gotta love the average American:

Seattle Gun BuyBack Gets JACKED! Turns Into a Damn Gun Show! LOL

I'm saving a really old cantankerous shotgun and a Mauser .22 rifle I have for this purpose. Perhaps an old .38 Rossi 5-shot snubbie that I have too. All are past their prime and would make a great 'trade in, no questions asked' option.

The ones I have that are in good shape? Not hardly, partner.
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

West Point is training for right wing nut job anti federal govt attacks.

http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/news/ ... e=10711513

I find it depressing that those who do not agree with the political party I was told not to mention are always called names, like nut jobs. I have argued my point of view on this forum many times, but have never once gone hurled insults. And a certain political party bemoans the negativity in politics...LOL-hypocrisy indeed.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

Was Reagan a Marxists?

Ronald Reagan supported an assault weapons ban, the Brady Bill on background checks and, in 1986, signed the Firearm Owners Protection Act, which was hailed by gun rights activists for its numerous protections for gun owners. But it also banned ownership of any fully automatic rifles that wasn't already registered on the day the law was signed.

You do realize, I hope, that assault weapons are just any rifle with fancy grips attached?? I am still wondering why this strange obsession with "assault weapons" when almost all murders by firearms are from handguns.

Logic dictates that you should support banning handguns. I am not trying to be sarcastic.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

West Point is training for right wing nut job anti federal govt attacks.

http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/news/ ... e=10711513

I find it depressing that those who do not agree with the political party I was told not to mention are always called names, like nut jobs. I have argued my point of view on this forum many times, but have never once gone hurled insults. And a certain political party bemoans the negativity in politics...LOL-hypocrisy indeed.
Saying "a certain political party" isn't fooling anyone... [;)] Keep it about the facts or the thread will be closed.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

Was Reagan a Marxists?

You do realize, I hope, that assault weapons are just any rifle with fancy grips attached?? I am still wondering why this strange obsession with "assault weapons" when almost all murders by firearms are from handguns.

Logic dictates that you should support banning handguns. I am not trying to be sarcastic.

Time for fun, since this very political thread can't mention politi*s or the two part*ys we have.
So lets just enjoy something completely different.

I love it when a White House of any political bent tells Americans what they can and can't do. Check out the link of U.S. citizens NOT obeying the great one, oh and here is the photo that got it all started:

http://twitchy.com/2013/02/02/hilarity-ensues-as-twitter-users-caption-and-photoshop-obamas-shooting-photo/

Attachments
BCHGaToCQAM9XXP.jpg
BCHGaToCQAM9XXP.jpg (40.63 KiB) Viewed 76 times
parusski

Post by parusski »

"The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is that it is robbing the human race: posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for tuth; if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth produced by its collision with error." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859
parusski

Post by parusski »

Some say the gun industry is "not regulated", and that is so laughable. Below is an article that gives some great facts:

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Mmmmmm I dont know
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Mmmmmm I dont know

Don't know what? Those photos of our Great Leader are wonderful.
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

I think this topic has been beaten to death, locking it would be merciful.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Chijohnaok2

Post by Chijohnaok2 »

Why lock it?

Understandable if someone makes an out of line comment, or one violating the TOS, but should it be locked simply to stifle debate and discussion?
Is that the reason for it to be locked?

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I juts wanted to know that if guns where banned would the pro gun people take up arms against the government..as I see an awful lot of posts on FB implying they will..infact if you posted some of the things they post in the UK about our government you'd be arrested and given four years for inciting.
Chijohnaok2

Post by Chijohnaok2 »

ORIGINAL: wodin

I juts wanted to know that if guns where banned would the pro gun people take up arms against the government..as I see an awful lot of posts on FB implying they will..infact if you posted some of the things they post in the UK about our government you'd be arrested and given four years for inciting.

I don't know the answer to whether some people might take up arms if that happened----It's possible--anything is possble.

While I have not advocated something like that, I do cherish the constitutional right to free speech that allows me to say things that the government might not appreciate.

To many, that alone is a right worth fighting for.

Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

infact if you posted some of the things they post in the UK about our government you'd be arrested and given four years for inciting.
Where do you live Iran ?
ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn
(see post above)…………[8|]
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

The day they come to take my guns by force, that is the day they are met with force. I have lots of friends on the police force, we have a running joke, my name appears on a list to come get my guns, that is a good day to turn in your badge and stay home. I swore an oath to defend the Constitution, and until they can change the Constitution legally, I will defend her to my last breath.
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: Sarge
infact if you posted some of the things they post in the UK about our government you'd be arrested and given four years for inciting.
Where do you live Iran ?
ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn
(see post above)…………[8|]

no UK..any facebook message soon gets reported..after the riots the other summer they now have strict law..Two young lad caught up in the moment posted a meeting place in a town to start a riot\anti government protest..no one turned up..but they both got four years..this Law will now be used by any anti government moves or take overs..the wording of the comments made by some Americans on FB if used by people in the UK would definitely be considered inflammatory and inciting violent protest. Lots of people have been arrested and prosecuted for status updates or FB comments in the UK even general trolling. In the UK there is no such thing as freespeach on facebook or twitter.

The Government saw the power of FB during the Arab uprising..so as soon as they could they made sure it couldn't be used like that here..the riots game the perfect excuse..hence the heavy prison sentences..a warning that yes they where happy to see it used like that in the Arab states but they certainly wren't going to allow it to be used like that here.

Oh by the way..I can do that aswell mate [8|][8|][8|][8|][8|] Sarge before you show how condescending you are maybe listen to other people who live in a different place than you as it's likely you may learn something. Or back on my block list..[8|][8|] oh look I've doe it again.
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

The day they come to take my guns by force, that is the day they are met with force. I have lots of friends on the police force, we have a running joke, my name appears on a list to come get my guns, that is a good day to turn in your badge and stay home. I swore an oath to defend the Constitution, and until they can change the Constitution legally, I will defend her to my last breath.

Amen brother. I have asked several gun control advocates if we should pass laws allowing the government to dispense with trials in certain cases, such as murders, child abuse and rape. Usually I get absolutely no direct response, just a lot of dancing around. But those who do respond tell me, "we are guaranteed a right to a trial"...ah, there is the rub. It is ok to tinker with your rights to own guns but "by God don't mess with my rights"(as they define them). Then they want to shut down the discussion. Very, very weak intellectually.

I am also stunned at the number of people who think the 2nd amendment is for hunting. And no matter how many times I prove them wrong with quotes from the father of our Bill of Rights, George Mason, Thomas Jefferson or George Washington, they then belittle the Founders. Again, so disingenuous.
parusski

Post by parusski »

Horrible news:

3 people stabbed on NY subway platorm

I await the calls for assault knife regulations. Wait, this is the sound from the knife control crowd:

Outrage of stabbings heard here

Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Oh by the way..I can do that aswell mate [8|][8|][8|][8|][8|] Sarge before you show how condescending you are maybe listen to other people who live in a different place than you as it's likely you may learn something. Or back on my block list..[8|][8|] oh look I've doe it again.

lol, your something else Woody.

So if I don’t start listening and stop butting in with my own opinions, you’re going to give me lesson in tolerance by blocking me……[:D]

Return to “General Discussion”