Newb needs help

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

bill hunter

Newb needs help

Post by bill hunter »

going to try classic using 1.8 but the e- manual seems a little lite on. i get the general guist but could someone explain how the the extra command buttons function ie stall etc. Also adding extra aps to next turn initiative ?
any other tips would be appreciated.

thanx in advance
chemkid

RE: Newb needs help

Post by chemkid »

IronFist00

Post by IronFist00 »

Hi Heinz, I agree 100% with chemkid; there is no substitute for reading the PDF of of the board game rules to get the lowdown on Classic APs. Initially you only need to read Section 1 (which is a few pages) and that'll give you most of what you need to understand the flow of the game. Then read further as needed/wanted.

Here's a brief rundown I wrote for another poster giving a very brief description of the Classic AP turn options and a comparison of doing something in Classic APs versus Persistent APs: fb.asp?m=3237156

It is no means a substitute to reading the rules but might help.

Classic APs might take a little more effort to get the hang of, but in my opinion the effort is worth it. Good luck.
bill hunter

Post by bill hunter »

thanks gents . I actually found your thread VR which was prettty much all i needed. classic is definiteley the way to go !!

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”