Bypassing Singapore

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dante Fierro

Bypassing Singapore

Post by Dante Fierro »

Has any IJ player ever tried bypassing and neutralizing Singapore- instead of a full-on fight for occupation at game start? And
instead moved rapidly into Sumatra and Borneo cutting off Sing - and letting it wither over time? Or is this idea not even feasible?

Thx in advance. [:D]
wdolson

RE: Bypassing Singapore

Post by wdolson »

It's possible, but Singapore will probably have a fair bit of supply and could be a pain in your rear, figuratively and literally.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

It can hurt the invasion of Palembang, which is one of important places for Japanese to get fast.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

And you deny yourself the use of a large port that can resupply your battleships... + its a great hub for forwarding supplies and troops.
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Yeah, not having this port is a non-starter for me.  Have to take Singers .. sooner is better as well.
Pax
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Also the shipyard! If the allied player is doing things right, you are going to need that 50K capability! It's a long way from the front back to Japan....
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

I suppose that it could be bypassed in the short term by taking both Merak and Oosthaven and cleaning that strait up for transit. But you'll need Singapore in the long run to (as others have said) mitigate the aerial threat to Palembang as well as utilize the port.
Dante Fierro

Post by Dante Fierro »

Appears the consensus: bypassing Singapore is feasible but not viable. Reasons: Palembang and port size. Thanks for comments.
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

ORIGINAL: Dante Fierro

Appears the consensus: bypassing Singapore is feasible but not viable. Reasons: Palembang and port size. Thanks for comments.

Something not mentioned is that Singers is a 90 vp multiple and possible 9/9 base. 2430 Allied VP's A good chunk Not only does the IJ want to capture this base but hold it as well .. right now in the end game of my current PBEM game .. Singers stands between me and AV ... [;)] 58,225/19,682 ..

Other major bases like this might come in mind ..
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
Dante Fierro

Post by Dante Fierro »

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

ORIGINAL: Dante Fierro

Something not mentioned is that Singers is a 90 vp multiple and possible 9/9 base. 2430 Allied VP's A good chunk Not only does the IJ want to capture this base but hold it as well .. right now in the end game of my current PBEM game .. Singers stands between me and AV ... [;)] 58,225/19,682 ..

Other major bases like this might come in mind ..

Good point. Good luck! [:D]

Return to “The War Room”