Gold, Silver and Bronze...

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Lord Zimoa

Gold, Silver and Bronze...

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Commander: The Great War and Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps win prizes at GrogHeads 2012 Readers’ Choice Game of the Year Awards!

Quote:

Digital Strategic Wargame of the Year:

The top three digital strategic wargames of 2012 were all Slitherine productions. World War One games have long been absent from digital wargamers’ hard drives, but Commander: The Great War offered ease of play for an era long neglected the result earned it first place in our voting. Panzer Korps: Afrika Korps, a remake of the classic Panzer General, drew strong second place voting and cemented The Lordz Games Studio as a major wargame player, having released two highly significant and popular games in the same year.

Digital Game of the Year:

Third place went to Panzer Korps: Afrika Korps, and with it a major coup for both publisher Slitherine and developer The Lordz Games Studio.
Orm

RE: Gold, Silver and Bronze...

Post by Orm »

Well deserved! [&o]

CTGW has brought me so much fun that I bought Panzer Korps as well. And that is so much fun that I have several expansions to look forward to. And since these two games are so much fun I am considering giving Commander - Napoleon at War a go even though it is a bit older. But I do know that from now on I will be on the lookout for new titles from The Lordz Games Studio. They rule. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
parusski

Post by parusski »

Cigars and scotch(not the people) all around!!![:D]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Myrddraal

Post by Myrddraal »

Commander - Napoleon at War
Note that we weren't involved in the game design for CNaW, it was developed by Firepower studios. We only did the artwork for CNaW.
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Myrddraal
Commander - Napoleon at War
Note that we weren't involved in the game design for CNaW, it was developed by Firepower studios. We only did the artwork for CNaW.
Thank you for the clarification. I noticed the game on you site so I thought you had developed it as well.

Anyway. I will be on the lookout for your new projects.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Commander - The Great War”