Scenario Size?

Alea Jacta Est is a series of Ancient Strategy Games using the renowned and proven AGE engine. The first in the series is Alea Jacta Est, which features the Roman Civil Wars. Other games in the series are Birth of Rome and Parthian Wars. The latest entry, Hannibal: Terror of Rome, highlights the Second Punic War.
Toby42

Scenario Size?

Post by Toby42 »

Are the Scenario's smaller and more manageable that AJE? The geographical area covered should be smaller. I could never get a handle on the vastness of AJE. It was too much like work to try and keep track of where all of your leaders and units were!
Tony
alex0809

RE: Scenario Size?

Post by alex0809 »

Yes they are. The troop numbers are also smaller than in AJE. Basically, two armies are all you will have with the Romans because you need to concentrate your forces.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: alex0809

Yes they are. The troop numbers are also smaller than in AJE. Basically, two armies are all you will have with the Romans because you need to concentrate your forces.

How was your download with Plimus? I've trouble with just about every purchase with them! I've gotten what I paid for, but I had to jump through hoops for it to happen....
Tony
alex0809

Post by alex0809 »

I bought it at www.ageod.com. But I never had any trouble with Plimus when I bought games from Matrix or Slitherine... they sometimes take a few minutes to accept my purchase but that's it.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Hmm I like the sound of that..maybe I will buy it. I would have bought it over AJE as I prefer smaller scenarios, plus Celtic Chariots. I will probably wait though for the Germanic\Britain and Gaul battles.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

yes, but worth noting they are a lot longer in time span

Return to “Alea Jacta Est Series”