Stuttering animations

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Sixthe9th

Stuttering animations

Post by Sixthe9th »

Hello there,

I am the owner of FoF as well as CoG and in both games I am experiencing gfx problem with animations in detailed battles. I watch the gameplay videos to see that animations of moving units are smooth,but in my case they are jumping from one hex to another, effect I am getting in 3D games when FPS go down.

My specs are:

Intel 2 cores, 2GHZ, 2 GB RAM, Geforce 7900GS, Win 7 32.

Any idea how to fix this problem ?

Thanks

Six
Floyd

RE: Stuttering animations

Post by Floyd »

Please check the setting "Movement Fast Slide" in the "Advanced Menu".
There are some more options (shadows etc), check manual page 135.
Sixthe9th

Post by Sixthe9th »

Ok, thanks and how shall I sort this same problem in Crown of Glory and CoG:Empire Edition please ? There is no such Advanced menu or Movement Fast Slide Option.
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

The Detailed Battle Menu,page 133 (bottom) in the manual,
tells about the Set Game Delay:
Controls the speed at which action occurs on the screen, including how fast messages are displayed.
Sorry, I can't test it myself.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

If it's running slowly for you in detailed battles, look in the menus in the bottom right area of the screen and turn all the graphical options to the simplest values and turn the game delay down to zero. One of the machines we tested COG:EE on is now 10 years old and it would run well enough on it once all the graphic options were simplified.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”