Mines

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

rogerbacon51

Mines

Post by rogerbacon51 »

Do we still get notification when an enemy ship hits a mine? I remember there being some talk that it was unrealistic because there was no one there to report the hit so I was wondering if they took that out. Personally, I would like to know when an enemy ship hits a mine aI laid, realistic or not.
crsutton

RE: Mines

Post by crsutton »

Not all the time. If it hits a mine that is not in a friendly controlled port you might not hear of it until you get report much later. Also, some of the ships sunk will show up in the unknown catagory. If the mine hits a ship that is moving into your friendly base hex you will get the report. FOW sometimes applies here but for the most part the reports are accurate.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
CV 2

Post by CV 2 »

Yes they are reported. Maybe not on the screen, but its in the combat log.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: rogerbacon50

Do we still get notification when an enemy ship hits a mine? I remember there being some talk that it was unrealistic because there was no one there to report the hit so I was wondering if they took that out. Personally, I would like to know when an enemy ship hits a mine aI laid, realistic or not.

Very often you get the mine strike sound effect but don't know where it was. Sometimes it's in the combat report. But it's a good reason to play with sound.
The Moose

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”