Another Vet Gone

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

tocaff

Another Vet Gone

Post by tocaff »

As I sit here typing the tears roll down my cheeks because my father passed away today at the age of 90. He was a man who was extremely calm, even tempered and didn't let bad situations get to him. He served in the United States Army Air Corps during World War II. He flew as a radio operator in B-29s from Tinian Island's North Field as a member of Crew 32, the 313th Wing of the 20th Air Force, 9th Bombardment Group (VH), 99th Squadron. He never spoke about the war until about 30 years had passed, though when I was very young he let me play with and lose many of the medals that he was awarded for his service He was present on a Super Dumbo flight (observation) when the Nagasaki bomb was dropped. He will be missed and I wish I was more like he was.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
radar

RE: Another Vet Gone

Post by radar »

Sorry about the loss of your father, Tocaff. Sounds like he was one of the greats in the Greatest Generation.
USS Terry (DD-513) — Battle of the Atlantic, Solomon and Marianas Islands campaigns and the Battle of Iwo Jima
Talon_XBMCX

Post by Talon_XBMCX »

My most sincere condolences to you and your family. May he rest in peace.
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

My condolences
Honda

Post by Honda »

My condolences

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”