Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Wolfe1759

Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ?

Post by Wolfe1759 »

I don't think I've ever not investigated a ruin / derelict when given the option. The idea that I might miss out on something always seems to out weigh the possibility of damage to or loss of a ship. Curiosity always gets the better of me.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
StarLab

RE: Does anyone NOT investigate ruins / derelicts ?

Post by StarLab »

LOL! I always pause for a few seconds (for effect?) before ultimately accepting to investigate. Not sure why I pause as I always take the chance in the end. [:D]

Guess to save time I could just hit the investigate button immediately and forget about putting any thought into it.
KAHUNA

Post by KAHUNA »

When I first started playing I'd hit the investigate button always.After seeing a few bases get eaten by Kaltor's or ships blowing up in my Scout's face I'l pause the game and take a peek first to see myself if there is a danger visible before I hit the yes button to investigate[;)]
Quad Fin Rider

Post by Quad Fin Rider »

Depends...
Ruins & abandoned ships: I always check these out right away.
Abandoned bases where there might be space creatures close by: make note of the location & send in a warship or two to check out later.

What the hell do you know about surfing, Major? You're from goddamned New Jersey.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

My scouts have shields and weapons so I basically say yes... if the ship/base goes boom, it gets damaged but not destroyed to the point that the ship cannot go back to the yard for repairs.
If there are monsters, that is a problem and to be honest, that is a bigger struggle than any enemy fleet.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
jpwrunyan

Post by jpwrunyan »

Sometimes I don't investigate by accident, as in the scout ship doesn't get close enough to trigger but still "explores" the planet resources.

Also, (often as a consequence of the above) if it happens to be a colony ship about to settle a world, it is a good idea not to investigate the ruins.
martok

Post by martok »

I always investigate -- no ifs, ands, or buts. I've gotta see what's there! [8D]

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Buio

Post by Buio »

ORIGINAL: martok
I always investigate -- no ifs, ands, or buts. I've gotta see what's there! [8D]

Same here. I'm to curious not to.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”