What?! Seriously?! You are back for more??? Now allowed for Oloren!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Blubel

RE: What?! Seriously?! You are back for more??? No Oloren!!

Post by Blubel »

From the looses it looks like you are able to shrink his forces. He should not get more than 100k a turn.
He should be able to open your pocket. If you have that many Tigers and Stugs you should attach them to your Panzers. Two of the divisions closing the pocket would be way stronger with a Tiger Battalion.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: Blubel

From the looses it looks like you are able to shrink his forces. He should not get more than 100k a turn.
He should be able to open your pocket. If you have that many Tigers and Stugs you should attach them to your Panzers. Two of the divisions closing the pocket would be way stronger with a Tiger Battalion.

He was not [:D]

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 107

Overall
The pocket held, and another big ammount of USSR troops are captured. And we create 4 pockets this turn, although not so big. However the USSR frontline is now starting to appear...thinly populated. If I can keep the momentum a few more turns, I think Brad might have a serious issue to deal with. It seems the AP-Crunch is working.
34 attacks gave a result of 4 helds (3 against isolated units in the pocket...), 24 retreats and 6 surrenders.

USSR units in pockets at start of turn

USSR units in pockets at end of turn

Losses
USSR : 326.000 troops, 5.250 guns, 342 AFVs, 781 AC.
Axis : 29.000 troops, 225 guns, 99 AFVs, 179 AC.
Brad must have altered his AC settings, as losses on both sides skyrocketed this turn.

Total Losses
USSR : 11.535.000 troops, 212.000 guns, 31.300 AFVs, 32.300 AC.
Axis : 3.005.000 troops, 37.000 guns, 8.800 AFVs, 7.100 AC.

USSR units lost
6 Rifle Corps, 10 Rifle Divisions, 1 tank brigade.

Total USSR units lost (only down to brigade level)
1 Tank Corps, 18 Rifle Corps, 7 Cavalry Corps, 29 Tank Divisions, 463 Infantry Divisions, 13 Motorized Divisions, 11 Cavalry Divisions, 11 Mountain Divisions, 80 Tank Brigades, 264 Infantry Brigades, 5 Airborne Briagades, 10 AT brigades.

German units disbanded
None.

Partisans hunted down

German pools
Manpower : 122.203
Vehicles : 222.612
Armaments : 434.118
Hiwi : 2

Attachments
190.jpg
190.jpg (611.84 KiB) Viewed 73 times

hugh04

Post by hugh04 »

What a great AAR. A poor 1941 followed by a huge pocket and many smaller pockets in 42 and now a great offensive in 43. The Bear seems to be fatally on the wrong side of the strength curve. Too through your opponent another curve ball, why not retreat to the dnieper in the south. Then plan a back hand blow when he reaches the new front lines. One thing I have not seen in the 43 AAR's is a large scale retreat by a german.

Vandev
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: vandev

What a great AAR. A poor 1941 followed by a huge pocket and many smaller pockets in 42 and now a great offensive in 43. The Bear seems to be fatally on the wrong side of the strength curve. Too through your opponent another curve ball, why not retreat to the dnieper in the south. Then plan a back hand blow when he reaches the new front lines. One thing I have not seen in the 43 AAR's is a large scale retreat by a german.

Vandev

Thank you. I would consider a fall back option had it not been for three things;
1. Although slim, there is actually still a chance for Axis autovictory (if things are really as bleak on the USSR side as they seem).
2. To reach #1, I need to keep up the AP crunch, and that means that I need to continue to kill USSR units, and while retreating, I will not kill USSR units. Brad will regain alot of units every turn I do not form a pocket and kill some of his units. That is something I do not want. As of now, it does not seem that he has been able to start building neither mechanized corps, nor artillery divisions. That is something I am very happy with, and the longer before he is able to build those, the longer I can keep him at bay.
3. If #1 fails, it is benefitial for me to have a long stretch of land between me and Rumania, as Rumania tends to fall rather easily, and open up the entire southern flank to attacks.

Terje

juret

Post by juret »

strong turn again terje. i see several rifle corps in the pocket. good work.
whuts the mec doing under your airbases?
Blubel

Post by Blubel »

This is impressive. With the current rate of attrition to the SU you might not even need the AP crunch. He does loose to many men....
ErsteKavallerieDivision

Post by ErsteKavallerieDivision »

Considering all the excess armaments, how about disbanding your forts and thus bringing more troops (100,000+) to the front?
"Widely terra incognita", Henning von Tresckow on German army's knowledge about Russian reserves (June 21, 1941; at that time chief operations officer of AGC.)
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: juret

strong turn again terje. i see several rifle corps in the pocket. good work.
whuts the mec doing under your airbases?

It was in Crimea when I broke through there, which left it out of supply reducing its MP, and I needed to refuel the offensive units, so it kept having low MP the following turn, and then this turn it had to move through mud in the south. So it is on its way back to its HQs.

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: Blubel

This is impressive. With the current rate of attrition to the SU you might not even need the AP crunch. He does loose to many men....

I think the AP crunch and the manpower losses to the USSR are tied together. Due to the AP crunch Brad is not able to really dig in, which again means I am able to form bigger pockets, which then leads to higher manpower losses for him.

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: ErsteKavallerieDiv

Considering all the excess armaments, how about disbanding your forts and thus bringing more troops (100,000+) to the front?

Been thinking about it, however my manpower pool is actually growing now, so it seems that manpower is not a real issue right now. I might however disband the ones in Germany, but I will keep the ones in the USSR, as they form decent lines of defence.

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

Turn 108

Overall
The pockets all held, and we keep sending USSR troops to help produce whatever the Wehrmacht needs. The last few turns a pattern has emerged. Brad falls back, and I encircle the withdrawing troops. The same happened again this turn, let us hope this trend continues. Espesially since the corps formations we should be able to start encircling next turn will be Brad's best units (of those I can spot the CV of that is).
32 attacks resulted in 23 retreats, 1 rout and 8 surrenders this turn. 100% success is always nice.

USSR units in pockets at start of turn

USSR units in pockets at end of turn
18 (1 HQ).

Losses
USSR : 282.000 troops, 4.456 guns, 409 AFVs, 754 AC.
Axis : 27.000 troops, 245 guns, 82 AFVs, 89 AC.

USSR units lost
6 Rifle Corps, 4 Rifle Divisions, 1 Airborne Brigade.

German units disbanded
The 12 fortified zones of the "Fortress Germany" were disbanded this turn.

Partisans hunted down

German pools
Manpower : 138.138
Vehicles : 227.952
Armaments : 449.506
Hiwi : 12.907

Attachments
191.jpg
191.jpg (666.27 KiB) Viewed 72 times

Wuffer

Post by Wuffer »

Call yourself 'Groe-Terje-aZ' now - biggest Terje of all time [:D]

sry, couldn't resist [:D]
veji1

Post by veji1 »

He needs to retreat to the Volga now... 2 more turns like this and he is dead...
Adieu Ô Dieu odieux... signé Adam
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

Indeed,its the mech and Infantry corps that do the damage and when helped out by those arty divisions it makes for a long day. No mech corps and no arty divisions for the Reds here so far. Those 3 tank corps on the attack can be a problem but on the defense not as much and seems you'll be killing them off anyway.

For those of us who have old eyes.............

1) More closeup pics of the front after the big overall pic please.....[;)]

2) Can you show a close up of one of your regular panzer divisions and an SS division......I'd like to see how they are holding up.

You must have a large morale advantage over the red units on a unit by unit basis. Can we get a look at your divisions morale now in summer 43?

Thanks as always! Love your AAR's and this one is a gem!

I have no idea why he didn't trade land for time months ago after you drubbed the hell outa him in 42'! That he he didn't pull back,suck you in and either get you to go on the defense or beat you to death when you over extended(which you wouldn't of done)I'll never know. Now by mid September unless he has a Cinderella style comeback you'll be threatening Moscow for the win.
janh

Post by janh »

Indeed, this one is a gem. Have not had much time to follow AARs lately, but this one is a must. Is it only my impression or is Brad's Red Army just falling apart entirely? No reserves, no schwerpunkt, not even the means to counterattack or put pressure on the Axis minors -- i.e. if he is not hoarding reserves in the far East, but why should he with pretty much his southern flank on the run?

Terje, you really did an amazing job turning this around and induced Brad to commit major mistakes that way. It is very impressive to see what a 42/43 Wehrmacht can pull off even after a poor 41. I think you should keep pushing now as hard as you can. This loss ratio is beyond Axis wet dreams for mid 43... Perhaps the chances for an auto-victory are no longer near as slim as you might think?
Blubel

Post by Blubel »

Brad gets way less replacements than terje is killing every turn. If the pressure can be kept up, I'm pretty sure this will end in a major axis victory.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: Wuffer

Call yourself 'Groe-Terje-aZ' now - biggest Terje of all time [:D]

sry, couldn't resist [:D]

What, you have seen my picture?! [:D]

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: veji1

He needs to retreat to the Volga now... 2 more turns like this and he is dead...

I think he is afraid too give too much territory at once, but yes, it does seem like I am doing alot of harm these turns.

Terje

terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

Indeed,its the mech and Infantry corps that do the damage and when helped out by those arty divisions it makes for a long day. No mech corps and no arty divisions for the Reds here so far. Those 3 tank corps on the attack can be a problem but on the defense not as much and seems you'll be killing them off anyway.

For those of us who have old eyes.............

1) More closeup pics of the front after the big overall pic please.....[;)]

2) Can you show a close up of one of your regular panzer divisions and an SS division......I'd like to see how they are holding up.

3) You must have a large morale advantage over the red units on a unit by unit basis. Can we get a look at your divisions morale now in summer 43?

Thanks as always! Love your AAR's and this one is a gem!

I have no idea why he didn't trade land for time months ago after you drubbed the hell outa him in 42'! That he he didn't pull back,suck you in and either get you to go on the defense or beat you to death when you over extended(which you wouldn't of done)I'll never know. Now by mid September unless he has a Cinderella style comeback you'll be threatening Moscow for the win.

#1, #2 and #3, sure will do so this turn (just checking the AAR before I do the turn for any requests in terms of pictures [:)]).

I think Brad thought he could hold me after the mud in spring, but he simply was not dug in well enough...

Terje

Return to “After Action Reports”