Experienced And patient opponent wanted

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

BlitzimX

Experienced And patient opponent wanted

Post by BlitzimX »

Good day everybody!

I post in this section but in fact i don't really know if it's the good option. My request is a bit different from what people usually ask here.

I've discovered AE a few months ago, and i must say that as a real fan of naval warfare, that game is a real jewel to me. But like every treasures, it has the usual dangerous path to reach it. IT's been already noticed many time that the learning curve is incredibly steep, and i confirm that. I have many difficulties getting a grip on the game, despite the manual and the few videos i find on the net. I'm not completly ignorant, but i know i miss a lot of things

What i'm looking for is an experienced player who'd be willing to play through one of the shorts scenarios available, with only the basic things (no production, etc). Using screen sharing or any new direct broadcast, he could explain me why he does this action, what's the use of this and that, etc.

I'm quite conscious that some of you will jsut tell me "Just watch the forum , videos, manual...we all did that!" Yes, i know you did, and i did too. But despite all my tries it doesn't stick in.

Thanks a lot for reading, and i hope i caught someone's attention :p
n01487477

RE: Experienced And patient opponent wanted

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: BlitzX

Good day everybody!

I post in this section but in fact i don't really know if it's the good option. My request is a bit different from what people usually ask here.

I've discovered AE a few months ago, and i must say that as a real fan of naval warfare, that game is a real jewel to me. But like every treasures, it has the usual dangerous path to reach it. IT's been already noticed many time that the learning curve is incredibly steep, and i confirm that. I have many difficulties getting a grip on the game, despite the manual and the few videos i find on the net. I'm not completly ignorant, but i know i miss a lot of things

What i'm looking for is an experienced player who'd be willing to play through one of the shorts scenarios available, with only the basic things (no production, etc). Using screen sharing or any new direct broadcast, he could explain me why he does this action, what's the use of this and that, etc.

I'm quite conscious that some of you will jsut tell me "Just watch the forum , videos, manual...we all did that!" Yes, i know you did, and i did too. But despite all my tries it doesn't stick in.

Thanks a lot for reading, and i hope i caught someone's attention :p
I made the video tutorials and would like to know what is missing from them ?
tm.asp?m=2353946

I'd be willing to take the chance and do a video hook up with Coral Sea or Guadalcanal; maybe we could do it as an event for newbies and have a number of you guys asking me questions etc ...

Doing one-on-one is fine but I'd like my time used more efficiently ;-)

Return to “Opponents Wanted”