Razing the Reich

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Fishbed

RE: Razing the Reich (No Pelton)

Post by Fishbed »

You should really do something about the air war though. These unnecessary losses really look appalling. Are you sure there is no way your falcons can behave a little bit better?
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I will put up some battle results from this turn then.

As for the air war, well my losses are mostly flak losses. Not much I can do about that. The Luftwaffe is irrelavent. I suspect he has disbanded a lot of airfields that his bombers were using. They (the bombers) are rarely seen.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Well I opened the new turn and I have a serious problem bug wise.

tm.asp?m=3254415

Waiting to see what the tech support people say.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Some battle reports from my T87. The previous attacks in each battle were bombing runs. There are no wave attacks in the blizzard.

Attachments
T87Battles.jpg
T87Battles.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 30 times
hfarrish

Post by hfarrish »

Is the lack of SUs in some of the Corps entirely bug driven?
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I have 70 odd sapper II and 272 sapper III. I would say 80% were in Corp prior to the bug. I have managed to get half the sapper III back in to Corp this turn. None of the Sapper II. I doubt I will ever be able to afford to re commit the II unless Pavel can help. I lost 2 battles I reckon I would have won with full sapper support. One shown above and another not. Plus probably 2 more battles I did not attempt due to the problem. Hopefully by March I will have recovered. But the 200 plus AP spent on reassigning Sappers won't be spent on new units. Unless Pavel can help me out.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

That's not a bug, it's a feature of superior Soviet C&C [:D]
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

Interesting.

Looking at the combat reports, I see that in all the battles where the attacking force had an engineering value of 20 or more, managed to reduce the fortification level of the defenders to zero, regardless of their initial level. Of the two failed attacks, in one you had less than 20 points of engineers supporting the attack and you just managed to lower the fortification level from 3 to 2.

Thanks for sharing, Michael [:)]
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Yes my sappers being attached to CU in this game are absolutely critical. Which is why the damn bug is so bloody annoying. Anyway game held up now due to Pelton being unable to download the turn from the server for the past 2 days. What next...[:@]
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Would you believe a turn came thru this very minute. How weird. Anyhow T88 is up. All those sappers I re attached better still be attached.....
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

This is a very unfortunate bug, never heard of such a thing before.
WitE Alpha Tester
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

The bug gremlins may have slugged us but the dice Gods smiled upon us this turn. Check out the low odds victories below. Plus this has been our best turn (T88) loss ratio wise yet. Any Aussie cricket fans around? The bug hit me on Turn 87

Anyway a lot of success this turn on or around the Dniepr north and south of Kiev. The Dneipr line is almost kaput. Maps end of next turn.

Attachments
T88Lowodds.jpg
T88Lowodds.jpg (607.26 KiB) Viewed 30 times
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

The bug has hit me again [:(]

On hold again. The game has become almost unplayable.

tm.asp?m=3254415
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

That is cr#p for you and a shame all round. Your last turn was so good for you. With attrition losses his arty losses will be well over 1K which is unstainable. Less defender arty fewer defender holds in my experience.

I have a game in dec '42 but i think i will confine myself to 2 sapper regts per corps in case it's the tripling that is causing your problem.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

Totally bizarre. To the best of my knowledge, this is a brand new bug and I'm at a loss to explain it. It is certainly a game killer.
WitE Alpha Tester
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

The game goes on in an effort to nail this bug. I am so far in front that if the bug can be nailed soon it may not cripple me. I just hope Pavel can return some of these blown AP.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

End Soviet T89 (25th Feb 1943) Blizzard.

The bug is hurting but none the less the Reds are still going ok. Down around 300 AP now thru re-assignments. So lots of Corps not around due to that.

To summarise this is what the AI has done on recent turns:

Around 15 of my Army HQ's were moved to the rear.
Almost all SU assigned to Corp were sent back to the parent HQ's, this has occurred on 2 separate occasions.
2 HQ's disbanded.
Almost 100 Air Units sent to reserve.

Anyway the Red arrows show the main Soviet thrusts during February. Some weirdness around Riga. What is going on there?

I so want this bug nailed. I have Pelton by the balls damn it!

Attachments
T89.jpg
T89.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 31 times
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Think you have a pocket possibility if you drive toward Vilnius, but what do I know...

Has your opponent ever retreated from his mainline? or has he always accepted mainline carnage?

BTW, how do you gauge the cost of assaults and assess how many regions to break at a time? Do you have a plan for force size, points-in-hand, casualty rates, etc., and thus limit your attacks?

Shall be interesting to see how the opposition strategy is affected by German Allies dropping out. Is this by date/time or positions or whatever? (I've noted that the AxAllies seem far tougher than what I believe was the historical case.)

Earlier thought that opponent would collapse in late '44, but now not so sure. Think Spring '45 now. Your prediction?
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

If the game can be saved from this bug I am still confident of a 44 win. But the AP bite is hurting me. I am down 20 Corp or so. That equates to about another 3 to 4 successful attacks per turn.

The only limit on my attacks now are the number of Corp I have. In late 42 I was facing a supply shortage but the 43 upgrade in HI has allowed me to build a healthy reserve for the 43 summer campaign.

I do not envisage any significant encirclements till mid 44.

But the game is in the bag as long as I can finish it. My power is even greater than I thought. He is going to get absolutly hammered in summer 43 assuming the game is saved from the gremlins.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Mr P may be relying on the Soviet manpower crunch[;)]

Germans losing nearly 1000 guns per turn are not long for this world
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

Return to “After Action Reports”