Excellent Game series

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Bradd

Excellent Game series

Post by Bradd »

Just picked up the discounted version of the Polish/France campaign and it is really great game. I already have the Case Blue and I think the Cards really make the decision making interesting. Keep up the good work! I have been playing war games since the 70's and this is one of the best ones I have ever played. (board or computer). Outstanding job VIC!
parusski

RE: Excellent Game series

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Bradd

Just picked up the discounted version of the Polish/France campaign and it is really great game. I already have the Case Blue and I think the Cards really make the decision making interesting. Keep up the good work! I have been playing war games since the 70's and this is one of the best ones I have ever played. (board or computer). Outstanding job VIC!

I agree that this is one of the best games around. Glad you are enjoying it.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
currycook

Post by currycook »

Just bought the game a few days ago and want to give a positive first impression also. Very pleased. I use to play hex based games growing up, but it has been forever since I actually bought one. This really is an excellent game for those like me that may want to take another look at one. Well done.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Bradd

Post by Bradd »

Yep, That is what I learned too. Panzer Blitz. Panzer Leader. Squad Leader, Advanced Squad Leader. Wow! Squad leader was a like book with the big orange binder. That is why I like computer games. They do the calculations :)

But I really enjoy both DC games. For me the Cards make the games exciting and I like the supply and leadership aspect. I think the game models both systems very well. Nothing like playing the airborne card to seize an important bridge.

I look forward to the next installment. Brad
Bradd

Post by Bradd »

And I stick by what I had posted earlier. This is one of the best if not the best game (Computer or Board game) I have EVER played.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: Bradd

Yep, That is what I learned too. Panzer Blitz. Panzer Leader. Squad Leader, Advanced Squad Leader. Wow! Squad leader was a like book with the big orange binder. That is why I like computer games. They do the calculations :)

But I really enjoy both DC games. For me the Cards make the games exciting and I like the supply and leadership aspect. I think the game models both systems very well. Nothing like playing the airborne card to seize an important bridge.

I look forward to the next installment. Brad

I still have the boxed game and the orange binder :) Every couple of years nostalgia gets the better of me and I take it out to set it up on my table, then I look over at my PC and box the game up again LOL
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”