THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chickenboy

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Grollub
When I first ate squid as a kid I was violently ill. I've never been able to eat it since then.

Was it cooked first? It dramatically improves palatability, I've noticed.

I felt the same about Brie and Camembert cheeses. Unfortunate coincidental timing with norovirus "stomach flu" had a long-term association thereafter.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Squids here are quite common and delicious meal enjoyed by almost everyone!

We usually eat them fried (i.e. "Fried Calamari")

Here too, Leo. Very popular appetizer dishes (calamari). Sometimes stuffed with other fish or shellfish too. Yum. [8D]
comte

Post by comte »

Good Morning Dudes [8D]

Just wanna leave this here GO PATS!

Attachments
E6aMp.jpg
E6aMp.jpg (424.5 KiB) Viewed 460 times
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Early Sunday morning tithe here...Boy unit Mk. 1.0 woke us up at 6am with the 6 dreaded words in the parental lexicon: "Dad, I don't feel so good."

For you lot with wee ones-how's this flu season been for you? This is probably our worst nationally since 2009's pandemic.

Does anyone besides me feel like our medical community is abusing antibiotics for simple ailments which our immune systems should be able to deal with naturally in most cases which will invariably result in an increased rate of mutation among the common viruses...a rate of mutation which we are already falling behind....and will sooner or later result in a strain or multiple strains of common viruses which our medical science cannot currently treat, leaving us in the same boat as sufferers of various poxes hundreds of years ago, i.e. hope and pray that you are among the 20-25% of the population who, for various reasons, are able to pull through?

No? OK, then, I'll just go put on my tinfoil hat now.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Seems legit. [8|]

Attachments
ScreenSho..45.21AM.jpg
ScreenSho..45.21AM.jpg (19.84 KiB) Viewed 460 times
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Squids here are quite common and delicious meal enjoyed by almost everyone!

We usually eat them fried (i.e. "Fried Calamari")

Example from one Croatian cooking site:

http://www.coolinarika.com/recept/przene-lignje

or stuffed (i.e. "Stuffed Calamari" - and yes the filling is made from squid itself amongst other ingridents [:D])

Example from one Croatian cooking site:

Leo "Apollo11"

Fried calamari I've had. In fact, living on Long Island it would have been supremely hard not to since its a very Italian dish and you cant spit in LI without hitting an Italian restaurant. In fact, I like it quite a bit, but very few places do it well.

The squid stuffed with squid thing looks very good....but for some reason I cant help picturing that the whole mass of it is as chewy as I found squid to usually be.....which I dont think is a good thing.
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Grollub
When I first ate squid as a kid I was violently ill. I've never been able to eat it since then.

How do you feel about herring, Per? [:)]
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Aces8

Good Morning Dudes [8D]

Death? Will the team be decimated if they lose? I'd actually watch it.
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Morning tithe... mild (14C) hazy morning, and going to be another warm one.

Couldn't use my laptop till after midday yesterday, because of a violent thunder storm overhead yesterday, and I had turned my electronics off. I have now heard that a teenage girl training in the Town's large heated swimming pool yesterday morning, was badly electrocuted because of a lightning strike nearby. Also it appears that the Area High-school which is next to the swimming pool, has had a lot of it's computers and electronic gear fried. The thing is that the High-school is next to us, only around 50m down the road, and the swimming pool is just on the other side about 100m away!

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Des-you got that turn done yet, mate?

[sprayed a mouth-full of coffee over the keyboard and screen]

Asked my Chinese toaster about this one I did, as my toaster is very wise. It's reply was that 'Chickens are very impatient birds, especially when they are worried' [:D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Does anyone besides me feel like our medical community is abusing antibiotics for simple ailments which our immune systems should be able to deal with naturally in most cases which will invariably result in an increased rate of mutation among the common viruses...a rate of mutation which we are already falling behind....and will sooner or later result in a strain or multiple strains of common viruses which our medical science cannot currently treat, leaving us in the same boat as sufferers of various poxes hundreds of years ago, i.e. hope and pray that you are among the 20-25% of the population who, for various reasons, are able to pull through?

Onime-usually we use punctuation in our sentences in English to break up a thought. Otherwise, one's point gets lost in 75 word sentences ("run-on" sentences). So, after reading your comment, I have just one question-whadzithuh?
No? OK, then, I'll just go put on my tinfoil hat now.

OK then...
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: Reg

I found the trick with jagged edges is to work with the images in large size (as you have with the image above) and only shrink it down to the final size when you are ready to paste it down over the background layer.

Hi Reg, thanks for that mate... I did try this, and made the work about 3x times the size needed, but when I down-sized the image, it was blurred.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Seems legit. [8|]

Here I hear radio jingle ads for "National American University". Ummm...yeah. [8|]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Asked my Chinese toaster about this one I did, as my toaster is very wise. It's reply was that 'Chickens are very impatient birds, especially when they are worried' [:D]

Listen mate-if you bollocks up the turn and short out your computer by spitting coffee on it, I'm not redoing the turn. [:-] That's on you.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Aces8

Good Morning Dudes [8D]

Death? Will the team be decimated if they lose? I'd actually watch it.

Yeah. Hey, wouldn't that mean that Brady's supermodel squeeze would be 'available'? Hmmm...maybe I should watch the game too...[;)]
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

CB I hope you're little boy is not too bad, and the flu passes quickly. [:)]

Also I was wondering what type of bird flu it is (harmful to Emus), and can it be communicated though Pbem turn transfer? [&:]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Don't worry, I've had the files scanned for viruses. [fnar, fnar...]

Don't think the boy has flu-he just had a tummy ache. Right as rain now.

By the way-that turn? Done? [:'(]
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Listen mate-if you bollocks up the turn and short out your computer by spitting coffee on it, I'm not redoing the turn. [:-] That's on you.

For your information CB I do the turn electronically in my head, and upload it on to my laptop for communication to you. That is how advanced my playing style is, also means I can read the code and see your every move. [;)]
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Don't worry, I've had the files scanned for viruses. [fnar, fnar...]

Don't think the boy has flu-he just had a tummy ache. Right as rain now.

By the way-that turn? Done? [:'(]

Bahhh! Chickens are maddening. [:@]

Better go now and get stuck into this turn, have a nice day CB. [;)]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

So, I'm doing our weekly grocery shopping at yon Piggly Wiggly. Working my way through the produce area when my eye notes a blonde woman in a nice tight skirt, with a nice figure. She's wearing tall leather boots-the kind that come up just below the knee. Between the top of the boot and the bottom of the skirt is the back of the knee that's accentuated with this type of clothing. It's hypnotic and I find myself staring.

She senses the staring and turns around. She's a nice looking woman. I'm caught ogling.

She speaks to me: "Oh, hi!".

I, being an idiot, cannot figure out where I know her from and meekly return the same lame greeting.

"Hi, how are you?", I lamely offer.

Suddenly my shopping list is critically important and I bury my nose back into it. She moves off. I realize that she is the mother of one of the kids in my boy's karate class. So, me (perv) gets caught ogling the legs of a karate mom. Great...[8|]

It's not 'dorky' enough that I, a full grown man, am still actively engaged in karate. Now I've got kids' parents get to see me dance around in my pajamas twice a week. Sigh...

Return to “The War Room”