VS Squadrons disband 2 months before VB's resize?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rison

VS Squadrons disband 2 months before VB's resize?

Post by Rison »

Just made it to Jan 1st, 1943 as the Allies in Scen 1.

All my carrier VS squadrons listed in the resize parameter 'Disbanding Jan 1943', but then below, it said it was withdrawing 'Mar 1943'. Since the VB's were resizing to 36 in March, I figured that withdraw timing would work out well. Instead, the VS squadron *AUTOMATICALLY* disbanded on Jan 1st, 1943. Is it intended that for January and February you only have the VB Squadron at 18 instead of 36? With torpedos still less than ideal, thats a pretty big setback to carrier strength for two months.

I knew that in reality, they abandoned the VS squadrons and just had the one VB, but as for timing I have no idea.

Is this how it is intended to be? Again, I was surprised that the disbanding was automatic - I had no choice in it. So it was like the land units disappering without choice, instead of the normal air and naval routine of withdraws where you have a choice.

Thanks in advance

Chad
guytipton41

RE: VS Squadrons disband 2 months before VB's resize?

Post by guytipton41 »

Hi Rison,

It is per scenario design and the aircraft and pilots went back into the pools. Happened to me a month ago (IRL) as I was wadding through Jan 43.

Cheers,
Guy
Rison

Post by Rison »

Yes, thankfully, you get to keep the planes and pilots. But, half the dive bombers for two months is intended?
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Rison

Post by Rison »

Then, per MichaelM, it is *not* working as intended. The VS squadrons should disband the same time that the VB's resize. Ill post it in the tech forum.

Thanks

Chad

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”