Tiny bit of good news on Dec. 9

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

RichM

Tiny bit of good news on Dec. 9

Post by RichM »

Occasionally, fortune does favor the bold, inexperienced and utterly without common sense. Check out my little corner of victory on an otherwise very bad day.

This was the only surface combat vessel I could find in the Phillipines, and I was able to ambush the Japanese invasion force coming in from Palau. Sank half the TF! I also tried the same bold tactics with my 2 carrier fleet against the force that attacked Pearl, and my whole TF was completely crushed with only a handful of DDs unscathed. Halsey R.I.P. but I did get a bomb hit on a BB...
Attachments
OneSided.jpg
OneSided.jpg (292.69 KiB) Viewed 130 times
wdolson

RE: Tiny bit of good news on Dec. 9

Post by wdolson »

Sounds like the Battle of Sunda Strait

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sunda_Strait

The loss of 2 carriers early will probably come back to haunt you in the next year of game time.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
RichM

Post by RichM »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

The loss of 2 carriers early will probably come back to haunt you in the next year of game time.

Bill

Wow, same ship even! In my case, I think my cruiser might be able to limp back to some port... somewhere. Actually I might start over. Losing 2 carriers on the second turn is a big bummer.
Disco Duck

Post by Disco Duck »

ORIGINAL: RichM

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Bill

Wow, same ship even! In my case, I think my cruiser might be able to limp back to some port... somewhere. Actually I might start over. Losing 2 carriers on the second turn is a big bummer.
This is an interesting site. It mentions that both Cruisers were low on Ammo.
http://www.dutcheastindies.webs.com/SundaStrait.html

I know losing two carriers early is tough but you are better off playing it out for awhile to get the hang of what else is going on.
There is no point in believing in things that exist. -Didactylos

Return to “After Action Reports”