New v1.17 Public Beta Available

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Andrew Loveridge

New v1.17 Public Beta Available

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello All,

A new Public Beta update is available in the Members Club. It has some additional fixes, and a couple new rules. Please give it a try.

v1.17 – January 17th, 2013
    Fixes [/b] [ul]
  • Fixed bug in which groups suffering casualties incorrectly could become spent.
  • Fixed bug in which a spent unit could be attached to a group during a Command or CAPs action and incorrectly become unspent.

v1.16 – January 10th, 2013
    Fixes [/b] [ul]
  • Command actions with groups were sometimes deactivating units after the action.
  • Command actions with groups were calculating the cost of actions incorrectly.
  • Units low on APs could not fire during group fire.
  • Units added to a group with Classic AP rules now receive the current APs of the group.
Rules Changes
  • The target of a Rally Attempt or Auto Rally card is in an active group, the entire group is the target of the card.
  • In Classic APs, using the pass action now finishes the activation of the currently selected unit(s).
[/ul]
tsnouffer

RE: New v1.16 Public Beta Available

Post by tsnouffer »

Anyone test this online yet? Is it reliable? We're thinking of using it for the online tournament.

Games from the Front
wodin

Post by wodin »

OT..see your a Bloody April fan..superb game..I was also going to get Red Victory but got Next War Korea instead..which is another amazing game.
budd

Post by budd »

is the patch going to always be over a gig to download because of the big maps and the fact that there comprehensive. Maybe they should be comprehensive after the big map patch [:'(]

is the patch hosted anywhere else yet, i keep getting a network error 2/3 thru the download.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
IronFist00

Post by IronFist00 »

ORIGINAL: tsnouffer

Anyone test this online yet? Is it reliable? We're thinking of using it for the online tournament.

Hi tsnoufffer, I've been playing v1.16 intensively since it went up (testing things I found previously in Classic AP along with what others have posted here) and WCS has done a nice job fixing a lot of stuff we've reported, especially regarding Group Actions.

I have only been testing it hot-seat and versus the AI so I can't speak for it's multiplayer reliability. However if it's as good as v1.15, it should be stable.

I know you are not using Classic AP mode for the tournament but I would recommend this version as the best yet.

my $0.02
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

Checked it out tonight with a buddy. Seems solid to me.

Thanks

Games from the Front
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

V1.16 seems to be a definite improvement over V1.15. So far we have found two issues involving group activation that should be fixed. The first is that adding spent units to groups using a command action or CAPs action seems to restore these units to unfresh status incorrectly. The second is that sometimes when a group loses a member as a casualty the remainder of the group incorrectly becomes spent. I'll work on these issues (and on anything else you'all might turn up) and we'll try to get a new patch out this week.
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

Thanks Eric. Keep us updated on the potential official release please. We're trying to work in a viable solution for our tournament.

Games from the Front
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

A V1.17 patch that (hopefully) fixes two problems that had been reported with group activation in Classic AP mode is in the pipes.
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

Wonderful.

Games from the Front
fentum

Post by fentum »

Coolio Eglasias
Erik Rutins

RE: New v1.17 Public Beta Available

Post by Erik Rutins »

The new v1.17 Public Beta is now available. The change list in the first post has been updated.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
IronFist00

Post by IronFist00 »

Eric and Erik, it looks like v1.17 got both those bugs. I tested out many conditions trying to recreate them, especially the second one (spent units becoming unspent) and it never happened. I used the same methods I did when I emailed Eric about it. Nice job.

I do have a question: I noticed that sometimes when I play a Card, specifically the Command Action card, I see "Special" above a selected unit and other times I don't. I have even seen it mixed in a Group Action.

For example I was in a game (Classic APs of course [8D]) and I had a LMG and Rifle squad both spent. I moved another Rifle squad next to the LMG (opposite side of the first Rifle squad) so I could create a nice firegroup. The second Rifle squad has 1 AP left after the move. I pressed the Command Action button to enter Command (CAPS) Action mode and I played a Command Action card I had. I proceeded to select all three units with the LMG as the firegroup leader. I saw the unspent Rifle with "Special" above it but the two spent units had nothing. I would have expected all three to have "Special" above them if that label denotes units taking a Card action.

I was curious if that was correct behavior?
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Thanks for testing this. Glad to hear it is working. It may be that units which are out of APs don't enter the routine for printing the APs/CAPs/Special message. I'll take a look at it.
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

Any one tested this with multiplayer? I'm running into some exception problems.

Games from the Front
IronFist00

Post by IronFist00 »

tsnouffer, sadly the v1.17 beta patch hasn't worked in multiplayer since release. It works fine in single player but it always pulls an exception when hosting up a multiplayer game.

I had put in an email to Eric last Saturday when I first ran across it. He indicated he had not touched the multiplayer code for several patchers. He thinks it might be server related but wasn't sure. That's the last I've heard.

Ironically, I just put another email in to him tonight asking if there was any progress in either fixing the issue or maybe releasing a new patch (if that would even solve the problem).

At this point, it's either wait and only play CoH solo with v1.17 or roll-back to v1.16 which worked in multiplayer.
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

[Moved to tech support]
Attachments
exception.jpg
exception.jpg (455.65 KiB) Viewed 177 times

Games from the Front

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”