Thinking of getting this game. Need some info plz...

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
Antmf_slith

Thinking of getting this game. Need some info plz...

Post by Antmf_slith »

Hey all, Bought and been playing distant worlds and really liked and now I am looking for a good military game and was wondering how this game is and what kind of game it is? It it a turn based or RTS war game? Is it hard to learn and is it realistic? Please let me know. Thanks...

And for those of you who have played Wargame: European Escalation hpw does this game compare?
GrognardThomas

RE: Thinking of getting this game. Need some info plz...

Post by GrognardThomas »

Greetings Antmf -
This game; Close Combat, Panthers in the Fog is the fifth of the Close Combat series. All previous series with the exception of the first have been re-issued by Matrix. A number of user generated mods have been created for each, again with the exception of the first. The engine has been rebuilt for Panthers in the Fog and will be the last in the series in this format.
The Close Combat series is a real time strategy game that with a top down view that covers the Second World War focusing on significant operations. This game covers the German Operation Luttich that occurred from 7 August to 13 August 1944. It's your opportunity to re-write history.
The mechanics of the game are easy to learn, with point and click commands (keyboard shortcuts are available too) such as Ambush, Defend, etc. The movement phase comes first, with the option to assign artillery or air support if available. Developing a winning strategy can be a challenge especially in head to head competition.
This game, along with the entire Close Combat series is known for being as realistic as possible. In my opinion, if you're a fan of military history of WW2, and want a game that strives to be realistic as possible, then Panthers in the Fog will not disappoint. For more detailed information, I suggest reading its history on Wikipedia: Wikipedia-Close Combat Series]Wikipedia-Close Combat Series[/link].

Cheers and Happy Hunting
Grognard Thomas
The Grognard

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”