Not selling due to usual suspects

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

parusski

RE: Selling GMT Games The Battle for Normandy

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

[:D]Hmmmmm.....Daddy going to be in here pretty soon......and send everyone to their room and "Lock" this thread.  "Pass the PopCorn"[X(][:)]  Nothing on TV today anyway![:o]

Yes, it is past time.

Move along, nothing to see here folks.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

ORIGINAL: Sarge

lol, you guys just buy into Woodies fake outrage and his “edited” top story…….. buy it then, help a pal out !

There was no 11yr in his story before he edited the cover story

All I was saying is why doesn’t he replicate the generosity with a little reminder link how he came into this free game ?

I’ve had more than a couple conversations with him on this subject, telling him its not to be exploded and definitely not for him to advertise ………….GMT did this to show their appreciation for pass years support, just because he found a loop hole (never supporting them in the past) doesn’t mean he should share that info across the hobby’s internet community’s.

I do support GMT as I do Matrix, what if Matrix put up a giveaway program and you saw someone boasting across the hobby forums a “how to” list over ‘n over time after time again that openly admits never has and probably will never support them ?

ORIGINAL: Filth66

But this isnt the first time something has happened like this is it Wodin? Combat Ace maybe??

Yep… just a little shady… gets free games from GMT and then sells them at ridiculous prices. I saw the post before he edited it. He was trying to sell the game for 75 Pounds when at the most it goes for 50 dollars.

But yet everyone is like aahhhhh… poor…poor…wodin.
It's enough to makes you want to puke.
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: wodin

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Who cares how he got the game? It is his property now and he can sell it, burn it or even piss on it. How dare anyone tell him what to do with his property.

Thanks mate..as I said I've had it two years now..not like I got it just to sell..

Hey wodin, post something. Anything. Just for the entertainment that will be caused by the reactions.[:'(]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Aurelian

RE: Not selling due to usual suspects

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Due too a couple of the usual suspects that can't keep their nose out or like to cause trouble including creating an account to wag a finger I'm not selling it here but I will sell elsewhere.

Thing is it isn't me their hurting..but my 11 year old girl..as it's just me and her we do struggle..they've no idea..and it makes this all the more sickening to me.

So ah, how does not selling it here help your 11yr old girl?
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

Feeding a kid or showing respect and gratitude to the gift giver. Tough choice. Stuff straight from a classical tragedy.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

I can see this is going to be a ALL Nighter......dib's on the sofa!  I'll bring my own pillow.[8|][:)]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

Feeding a kid or showing respect and gratitude to the gift giver. Tough choice. Stuff straight from a classical tragedy.

More like feeding the kid or letting one's "pride" get hurt. One would think the former would trump the latter.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

That's quite a bit of hyperbole, "Please buy this game so I can feed my kid" [:D]
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: EisenHammer

ORIGINAL: Sarge

lol, you guys just buy into Woodies fake outrage and his “edited” top story…….. buy it then, help a pal out !

There was no 11yr in his story before he edited the cover story

All I was saying is why doesn’t he replicate the generosity with a little reminder link how he came into this free game ?

I’ve had more than a couple conversations with him on this subject, telling him its not to be exploded and definitely not for him to advertise ………….GMT did this to show their appreciation for pass years support, just because he found a loop hole (never supporting them in the past) doesn’t mean he should share that info across the hobby’s internet community’s.

I do support GMT as I do Matrix, what if Matrix put up a giveaway program and you saw someone boasting across the hobby forums a “how to” list over ‘n over time after time again that openly admits never has and probably will never support them ?

ORIGINAL: Filth66

But this isnt the first time something has happened like this is it Wodin? Combat Ace maybe??

Yep… just a little shady… gets free games from GMT and then sells them at ridiculous prices. I saw the post before he edited it. He was trying to sell the game for 75 Pounds when at the most it goes for 50 dollars.

But yet everyone is like aahhhhh… poor…poor…wodin.
It's enough to makes you want to puke.

Do some research it's over a £100 in the UK new..someone is selling on baordgamegeek for £75 with shipping on top..so your wrong. This hatred for me is rather mind boggling..unless I rattle some chains because well you know they don't like it if you say anything about them do they..

Funny how even their supposed facts are pure shite...oh well

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/32838/the-battle-for-normandy

So what you going to say now then??? The only thing sickening here Eissenhammer is your post and obvious trolling, your supposed facts about the price of the game sum it up.

Sarge, As for finding aloophole..no actually I spoke to them and they knew all the facts...sorry again. Funny how people seem to think they know my business and what I have and haven't done...also a couple of conversations with me?? Must have been to yourslef then because I took no notice of them if you have. I'd send you copies of all emails between me and GMT but why should I? As for me spreading the word, actually GMT do that and I found Stu from someone mentioning it at Wargamer and no one came down heavy on him, it doesn't say anywhere only for present customers..if they feel you don't deserve they wont send the games there is a process you have to go through you know, oh and obviously it helps them, mot likely tax purposes.. Also why should I have to explain my personaal circumstances because I want to sell something I own? As for fake outrage..well maybe your going by your own standards of behavior but it certainly isn't fake..when people come along to sabotage your posts or try and humiliate you it certainly isn't fake. Also as I said your taking away money not from me but my daughter so yes I'm bound to get a bit peeved. One last thing my name isn't woodie either..call me Wodin or Mr Rimmer.

@Qwixt..actually I never stated that in the original post..I had to go into detail why i need money after it all kicked off..also you've no idea what my financial state is..and funny enough here in the UK alot of us are going to food banks to get food..Infact Frejas school sent me two parcels of food for over Xmas. The money from the game would have eased some issues..I'll get by but when you struggle sometimes you look for something to ease th situation.

Filth66 is obviously a current member probably one who was up in arms about sock puppet accounts before now, there is only one person I know of who goes to these lengths and has some rather strange obsession with me, they are clever though professing they aren't bothered but come on here using a new account to say different, away of keeping their nose clean. Please it's time you dropped it now and moved on. I'm trying to but it can be hard with you hanging on to my shin monitoring my posts waiting to pounce on something. Take for instance when this thread went up, suddenly the thread was being watched by certain people who never normally come here or post, waiting to make a move.

Anyway I've asked Iain to lock the thread.

Thanks to those who actually realsie I'm not a bad person..nice one. To the others find someone else to stalk please. Now to do some name blocking.
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

Both sides (or more if you see them) please just let this topic head into oblivion...
Flipper
EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

The way I see it is that wodin try to sell a game at a rip-off price. And I guess it’s alright if someone is stupid enough to pay that much for it. Another printing of the game will happen in a few months.

But then someone called him out on it.

Sooo… What does wodin do, he goes and edit/delete his original post and then starts crying about how people are out to get him. And then he starts parading his daughter around like she some kind of a trump card or a shield to protect himself with. I guess to get sympathy from other forum members and make anyone who questions him looks like villain.

Which in my book is just wrong.
And that’s the reasons why I made the other post.

I will tell you one thing… I wouldn’t trust this guy for a second.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Flipper they are all blocked now so I can't see what they say as it isn't worth the stress to be honest. I put something up for sale then had to spend the rest of the thread defending myself from attacks..so who is to blame..
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Please! No more personal attacks.
If you want to continue then use the pm or the email button.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I want the thread deleted when Iain gets back.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

The way I see it is that wodin try to sell a game at a rip-off price. And I guess it’s alright if someone is stupid enough to pay that much for it. Another printing of the game will happen in a few months.

But why would this even concern you? How is it your business? You just want to harass the guy.
EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

But why would this even concern you? How is it your business? You just want to harass the guy.

Ok… I admit it.

I would like to have the game. It looks like it would be a fun game to have. But not at that price. And not from someone who go around changing his post and ranting about how everyone is out to get him. I could just imagine how hard it would be to deal with this guy.

I could just see it right now. I give him the money and then he goes and says he never got it. And I end up being screwed.
wodin

Post by wodin »

My conscience is clear, no one called me out on anything, they thought they had but really all they did was cause trouble. I have no qualms with what I was doing at all. Pride maybe dented thats about it, I really shouldn't have to go into the details of my personal life just to defend myself. I see nothing wrong with it. I'm not the person some try to paint me out to be and always have the best intentions. Some tried to make it into some big deal to discredit me and hopefully all that came from it is they look foolish and are shown for what they are.
BadElvin

Post by BadElvin »

Who gives a $#!+!!! If wodin or any other member of the forum wants to try and sell something, let them!! Its up to the members of the forum whether or not to buy it. I don't believe it is up to the forum members to bitch and moan about it.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Why doesnt Wodin just get a job like everyone else?That would solve a lot of his problems and keep him occupied.
kemmo

Post by kemmo »

So if a person is a liar and a thief can be proven by checking to see if they edit their posts,or if they sell something for more than you want to pay!!!!

Return to “General Discussion”