Admiral WitP vs boardgames

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rising-Sun

RE: Admiral WitP vs boardgames

Post by Rising-Sun »

I was wondering if the DG or any other companies are selling replacable map like this one on the wall. With my project, if others are interesting and might need to buy the map seperate.
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Don't miss my board games, they are gathering dust in the garage. I see them on the rack occasionally, and think only of little crawling babies, along with cats and dogs. [;)]
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
CaptDave

Post by CaptDave »

I don't miss the wargames as much as I miss being with my best friend while playing them (in case that's misleading, he's alive -- we just live in different states now). Since my tastes have evolved to the larger games, which tend to take a full day just to set up, the computer has been a godsend!
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

I have a stack of nearly mint condition war games in my closet - mostly Avalon Hill, but a scattering of others.  I played a few against my dad when I was a teenager (mainly AH's "Midway"), but most of the games were too time consuming or complex to play.  I just never came across another soul who enjoyed these games.  There were only two that I would occassionally play solo - "Terrible Swift Sword" (a regiment-level Gettysburg game) and "Civil War."

After my parents divorced when I was a senior in high school, my mother moved the "survivors" into an apartment complex (that's a sad way for a family to come to and end, come to think of it!).  One night, while walking along a sidewalk, I glanced inside a neighbor's sliding glass door and noticed a monster boardgame sprawled out on the dining room table!  It was some kind of NATO/Warsaw Pact game.  I figured I'd finally found somebody who might have similar tastes.  Then I decided not to even approach the occupant of that room.  It kind of gave me the willies to think about some "old guys" (probably in his 30s) who had nothing better to do in life than to sit in a smoke-filled room and play games.

[&o]
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

thank you all, very nice comments.
impressive map Rising Sun [:D]
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)
PizzaMan

Post by PizzaMan »

ORIGINAL: AcePylut

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

I know you are asking about Pacific War games but I do miss playing table top Starfleet Battles.

Heya, did you ever play Starfleet Command? It's about 10 years old, was basically SFB on computer.

Yes, I had a lot of fun with it.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: fulcrum28

thank you all, very nice comments.
impressive map Rising Sun [:D]

Thank you, it took me alittle over 200USD to setup the map on the wall. Wooden panel, liquid nails, metal sheets and of course alot of magnets. Also took two people to lift it on the wall while i bolt it down. Be awhile before i can use it, have to work on the rulesets first.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I loved the old SPI board and magazine games. I would set up a game, leave the room for a few minutes and come back to find our budgie walking over the map, flipping over the stacks of counters. I'm sure my sister use to do that on purpose.[&:]
Michael
Oldguard1970

Post by Oldguard1970 »

Ah...Board games, cats and kids.

After losing many efforts to defend my games with their oh-so-fascinating counters from the depredations of cats and kids, I solved the problem with a purpose built game room in the basement. It had only one door, great lighting, and a built in L-shaped gaming table that was just big enough to lay out the four maps needed for SPI's Highway To The Reich. (I used thin plexiglass to hold the maps flat.) Heaven! I played with delight and kept a fine journal of the events of the game. I was one month of real time into the game and agonizing over the situation with the British Red Devils when my cat suddenly fell through the ceiling and landed right on the mass of units in Arnhem. The ceiling tile followed with predictable results. The terrified cat added to the joy as she scrambled madly to get off the table and into a corner. The last entry in the journal was unprintable.

Today's computers still suffer from our cat's interest in keyboards, but even she hasn't figured out how to delete saved turns. Hard drives and electrons are a great substitute for paper maps and counters.
"Rangers Lead the Way!"
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

yeah cats or even dogs can make a mess, best thing to do is have a room with a door to keep pests and women out lol. Even if you have stock up on drinks, snacks, etcs then lock your door! Might need a bottle to pee in, unless you bring a key to lock the door behind you while using the restroom.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”