PBEM-Multiplayer BUG!

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

fodder

PBEM-Multiplayer BUG!

Post by fodder »

I'm getting a flashing curser and the game freezes up when I try to get my turns. I've had to reset my computer several times to get rid of this.

Attachments
messedupmutiplayer.jpg
messedupmutiplayer.jpg (202.31 KiB) Viewed 99 times
Lord Zimoa

RE: PBEM-Multiplayer BUG!

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Looks like a temporarily server hick-up, is all ok after a restart of the game?
fodder

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

Not really. It's not happening every turn, but it still happens even after I've reset my computer. This is my first multiplayer game, but my opponent sez he has seen this before.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: fodder

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

Not really. It's not happening every turn, but it still happens even after I've reset my computer. This is my first multiplayer game, but my opponent sez he has seen this before.
warspite1

Yep, I see it from time to time. Sometimes I have to log off (in which case it clears) and sometimes it clears itself (but not - in the case of the latter - if I am on the internet at the same time)
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker »

I have seen this once before. I thought it was a one off! My wife was playing an internet game at the same time and she complained about the internet getting slow/stopping. I rebooted and everything seemed to be working after that, so I just thought it was a temporary glitch because of my internet connection
fodder

Post by fodder »

I'm still having this problem. Unlike the other two posters here I'm not doing anything else online. The only thing I'm doing is playing the game.

Could this be a problem on my end? I'm using an older computer running a very bad version of vista. Is there some setting that I can change to help with this?
Myrddraal

Post by Myrddraal »

This issue has been reproduced here. It's generally tied to internet connection time-outs. Usually, if you wait a minute it will clear itself and the game will resume successfully. If it takes more than a minute, it probably won't clear.
Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker »

I hate to be mr. tech support by proxy. if your having this problem alot, it very might be a good idea to power cycle your router. And if you feel comfy update the routers firmware!
fodder

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: Mike Parker

I hate to be mr. tech support by proxy. if your having this problem alot, it very might be a good idea to power cycle your router. And if you feel comfy update the routers firmware!

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll try resetting the router, but there's no way for me to update the routers firmware.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”