New Harpoon?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Spechtmeise

New Harpoon?

Post by Spechtmeise »

Is this the new Harpoon? I have Harpoon -- at least an older version of it -- on my PC, but it is so...old school.
Just Because I'm Paranoid Doesn't Mean They're Not Out to Get Me!
Dimitris

RE: New Harpoon?

Post by Dimitris »

Hello,

Command is a scratch-built product that is not related with the Harpoon franchise. It has a similar focus but with a much more pronounced balance between air and naval operations. Have look at our media samples to get a taste of its principles: http://www.warfaresims.com/Command
Spechtmeise

Post by Spechtmeise »

Thanks, Sunburn. Actually I meant: is this the spiritual successor to Harpoon? I liked Harpoon, but eventually I lost track and never got back into it. Command is definitely on my shortlist for new games in 2013.
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

Hehe, like the man says, take a look at the media samples. Look at the people involved. It is practically what Harpoon should have been 5 years ago in everything but name.
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

I love HUCE, and it's a very different concept than Command. In my opinion Command will take the H3/ANW place.
Spechtmeise

Post by Spechtmeise »

What is HUCE?
lecrop

Post by lecrop »

ORIGINAL: Stratocruiser

What is HUCE?

Harpoon Ultimate Commander's Edition
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

"Spiritual successor" is certainly an interesting term.

Command is the work of people who have played a number of different games in their youth, Harpoon being one of them.

You'll see some concepts and elements that you're familiar with from Harpoon, but you'll also see things and ideas that have never been included in Harpoon.

Time marches on for everyone and everything.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

There were tons of inspirations for Command namely: TOAW, F-14 Fleet Defender, Tornado, Falcon 4.0, anything Microprose in the 90's and of course Harpoon. I think once you all get your hands it on it the other influences will be more pronounced. There are ships, subs and SAMS so you'll clearly see Harpoon as well. We all hope you like it and have just as much fun with it as you do with Harpoon or any other game.

Thanks!
TigerTC

Post by TigerTC »

Looks exciting! And I too can't help but think "Harpoon" when I see the screenshots.

(Of course, I mean Harpoon the computer game -- not the miniatures rules that I would have to use the entire hall in my house just to simulate the OTH range of some lone Russkii frigate.)
Renato

Post by Renato »

If it will be the spiritual successor to Harpoon, it will be very well. Recently, I had some disappointment!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”