I'm craving a realistic WW3 grand strategy game

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

nukkxx5058

I'm craving a realistic WW3 grand strategy game

Post by nukkxx5058 »

I mean it ! I need such a game. They are none on the market.

The game would be:

- grand strategy
- time frame: from 2015
- hex or provinces based
- game would cover politics, diplomacy, economics, geo-politics, propaganda (e.g. media), secret ops (CIA, NSA, MI5, etc.), and of course military, including non conventional warfare like bacteria, uranium, weather weapons etc.
- "secret" groups like bilderberg, trilateral, etc. would be modeled.

The ww3 scenario would be like this: Nato + Israel to declare war to Iran. Coalition forms with Syria, Pakistan (etc.) against Nato.
Possibility for Russia and/or China to join "axis of evil". Possible entry of Venezuela and North Korea into the Axis "of evil" tpo bring war in south/central america and Asia.
War could spread to Africa with African states divided between Nato and "Axis of Evil".
Etc.
Global conflict with nuclear and other non conventional weapons (bacterias, weather, haarp, etc,).
Guerrilla and "mujahideens" troops in Afghanistan, Africa, south america, etc.
Possible VP could be (among many others) to destroy (or protect) oil fields in middle east, controlling natural resources in Africa, bombing Tokyo, etc.
Bombing (or protect) Israel for axis (for Nato),
Sending missiles abroad for N. Korea and damaging Japan, S. Korea, Oceania, etc.

Would be fun (to play of course, not in real!)

Who will developp this game ?

Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
nukkxx5058

RE: I'm craving a realistic WW3 grand strategy game

Post by nukkxx5058 »

I forgot the most important:

TURN-BASED !

;-)
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Norm Koger's Operational Art of war has a WWIII scenario, but lacks the broad scope your looking for. But it does cover options for NBC and some gurrilla and special opps units. the map runs from east coast USA all the way around to the west coast USA and areas inbetween, Korea, Persian Gulf, the Med. Its a good game if u want something big now. its in the matrix store. Happy Hunting, and Happy New Year. Oh, you also have options for the allies you activate. Patton
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Yes but TOAW is not a grand strategy game and lacks economic, diplomaatic and politic aspects.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Hearts of iron are doing something along those lines..I'm not keen on the engine being realtime though and I see you express turn based only.
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Global conflict with nuclear and other non conventional weapons (bacterias, weather, haarp, etc,).

Under such a scenario, a major part of the combat would be done by computer hacking. We then get into debates over exactly how much damage could/would be done by such methods: we have an idea of the vulnerabilities, but not much knowledge of the counter-measures that would then be revealed.

An interesting setup, though. There would have to be graduations of allegiances, such as the USA during the summer of 1941, when we were shipping weapons to Britain and declaring U-boat-free zones in the Western Atlantic but had not yet fully declared war or mobilized.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
heyhellowhatsnew

Post by heyhellowhatsnew »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Hearts of iron are doing something along those lines..I'm not keen on the engine being realtime though and I see you express turn based only.

Yeah your best bet is to wait until PAradox finishes that game :( Sorry
OldBlackNerd.com Grognard Gaming, Gaming videos and Current Events
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Oxymoron
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
bean5671

Post by bean5671 »

i second this but would say any time frame from 1955 to current

heck one great game already exists that has never been moved to the PC

GDW's the third world war series it had a great system and covers all of europe and the middle east
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln
bean5671

Post by bean5671 »

ORIGINAL: heyhellowhatsnew

which knowing Paradox will be patch 1.07 about 18- 20 months after release lol dont get me wrong i love Paradox but this is a true statement
this game does look cool and has a ton of info on the paradox forums
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: bean5671

which knowing Paradox will be patch 1.07 about 18- 20 months after release lol dont get me wrong i love Paradox but this is a true statement
this game does look cool and has a ton of info on the paradox forums

Or just sell an expansion with bug fixes.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Yeah your best bet is to wait until Paradox finishes that game :( Sorry

I haven't heard about it ... the only one WW3 paradox WW3 game that I know is currently being developed is about cold war which is different (and of course it's real time). It covers 1946-1991.

I even don't mention "Supreme Ruler 2012" which is totally unplayable because of the endless micromanagement.

I really don't understand why nobody developed such a realistic WW3 game starting in 2015... I'm sure it would be very successful.
heyhellowhatsnew

To be honest, I think a WW3 game in 2015 would have only 4 turns that last a month. Think of all the nuclear warfare ;)
Scott_WAR

Post by Scott_WAR »

This isnt quite what you specified,...but it has some of the more important elements you listed.

http://stormfrontlinenation.com/en/home

I own it , but havent played it enough to give a fair review.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

This isnt quite what you specified,...but it has some of the more important elements you listed.

I'd never heard of this one before and as it is currently being sold for the princely sum of £1.39 on Gamersgate I've now just bought it, thanks for the heads up.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

To be honest, I think a WW3 game in 2015 would have only 4 turns that last a month. Think of all the nuclear warfare ;)

Well, not sure. We are at war since 2001 ... and no nukes yet.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: Wolfe

I'd never heard of this one before and as it is currently being sold for the princely sum of £1.39 on Gamersgate I've now just bought it, thanks for the heads up.

Yes, this is interesting. But it seems to be limited to Europe ?
heyhellowhatsnew

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

Well, not sure. We are at war since 2001 ... and no nukes yet.

It's an unconventional war though, not a world war.
Scott_WAR

Post by Scott_WAR »

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

ORIGINAL: Wolfe

Yes, this is interesting. But it seems to be limited to Europe ?

I live in the US and I have it on steam.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

I think nukkxx meant the map, which to confirm is Europe, North Africa and Middle East.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Return to “General Discussion”