ship repair

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bigred

ship repair

Post by bigred »

I may be having an issue w/ my repair yard at a undisclosed forward base. I am looking to see if the ship w/ 25 flot damage repairs in one turn. will post result next turn.

Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (41.35 KiB) Viewed 123 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
rogueusmc

RE: ship repair

Post by rogueusmc »

Any damage noted as 'major' needs more than a repair ship I believe...
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

rms1pa

Post by rms1pa »

also note how many ships are queuing for a repair ship.

for me i like to get everything i can at peirside and only using repairship/shipyard as must.

rms/pa
there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

ORIGINAL: bigred

I may be having an issue w/ my repair yard at a undisclosed forward base. I am looking to see if the ship w/ 25 flot damage repairs in one turn. will post result next turn.

No it won't repair in one turn. You have so many ships using "repair ship" option that most of them are not repairing at all (and repair time is shown 1). See what happens when you change priority setting of DD Hunt to high of critical.
bigred

Post by bigred »

You have so many ships using "repair ship" option
4xAD
2xAR
1xARD
4xAg

located in port. But I do not have a Naval HQ at this site. Alot of math to figure the repair points per turn. I will need to look up alfreds thread on ship repair.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

You have so many ships using "repair ship" option
4xAD
2xAR
1xARD
4xAg

located in port. But I do not have a Naval HQ at this site. Alot of math to figure the repair points per turn. I will need to look up alfreds thread on ship repair.
Alfred's tutorial is definitely the best source.
FWIW - ARs can repair major engineering damage up to a certain amount [10, I think] and I think they can help speed the repair of system and minor floatation damage if they are not busy with Eng. damage. It isn't always best to assign a repair ship - sometimes the AR assisted repair takes longer because the AR must bring power cables and equipment over to the damaged ship, and remove some damaged parts to the AR machine shops to fix/make a new one. I always cycle each ship through the repair options available to see which gives the shortest time. Then you have to factor in that over-assigning to the AR will result in work stopping on some ships until the queue is within capacity again.

The ARD [floating drydock] can fix major flotation damage, but only if the ship is within the ARD's capacity. If not, it is best to get the system damage below 25% and remove all of the minor floatation damage, then terminate the repair and send her to a dry dock with enough capacity. IIRC drydocks with more capacity than needed for the repair can assign extra resources to speed the repair, but there is a limit to how much extra. I think I also read that drydocks gain experience with each repair done, so if nothing else is using their services I put even small Sys repairs into drydock.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

Don't use repair ship option unless there's major engine/flotation damage that pierside repair cannot handle. ADs and AGs don't repair major damage, but they might speed repair of some ships (not the big ones).

When using repair ship option I think it's important to set priority for ships you actually want to repair first.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Puhis

Don't use repair ship option unless there's major engine/flotation damage that pierside repair cannot handle. ADs and AGs don't repair major damage, but they might speed repair of some ships (not the big ones).

When using repair ship option I think it's important to set priority for ships you actually want to repair first.
Good point on the ADs and AGs/AGPs. Just have to ensure they have supplies. They can also reload torps on DDs/PTs.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
bigred

Post by bigred »

next day-different look, note the 600 repair points

Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (50.67 KiB) Viewed 123 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

same look: next day

Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (45.83 KiB) Viewed 125 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

same look: next day

Not sure what this shows. Could you do a caption?

As an aside, the ARD reads as "Repair Ship" as well as the customers of the AR. Which ship in your original post is in the ARD? Only one can be. This complicates things when there are multiple repair ship assets of diferent types and different ships present which could be using the ARD, but only one is.
The Moose
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

next day-different look, note the 600 repair points

With damage 15-6-13-0 BB Alabama can put to sea and get to a proper dockyard without any danger of progressive flooding. The AR cannot deal with the major floatation damage anyway and even the 13 Eng damage may be beyond what it can fix. Set it to "readiness" and in three days it should be ready to put to sea and go to a proper dockyard. This frees up your AR to deal with damage it can completely repair.
Caveat - I am assuming your ARD cannot lift a 35,000 ton BB. I have not seen the stats on its capacity.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
Caveat - I am assuming your ARD cannot lift a 35,000 ton BB. I have not seen the stats on its capacity.

I think the USN models can go to 55,000 tons.
The Moose
bigred

Post by bigred »

tm.asp?m=2990845&mpage=3&key=&#3244742

i looked this alfred thread up then started moving my ships to other ports!!!
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400

Return to “The War Room”