Windows 8 Problem

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ADB123

RE: Windows 8 Problem

Post by ADB123 »

I've now had the chance to do an entire turn. Things work quite well, although there are a few oddities, such as a tendency for the desktop to suddenly appear. Moving the mouse brings back the game. And the task bar clock and a few other things pop up along the bottom of the screen from time-to-time. But they don't interrupt the Orders Phase. So I'm happy with this emergency move. (My old game pc died a terrible death yesterday and I hadn't intended for this new pc to take it's place. But it is doing fine.)
netab

Post by netab »

I am having same problems as above. I'm running Windows 8 and have followed discussion but I'm lost on the instruction 'In the command line, -deepColor' I'm not savy with computers but where is command line and where does the word -deepColour go?
Thanks
ADB123

Post by ADB123 »

ORIGINAL: netab

I am having same problems as above. I'm running Windows 8 and have followed discussion but I'm lost on the instruction 'In the command line, -deepColor' I'm not savy with computers but where is command line and where does the word -deepColour go?
Thanks

Here's what I did:

- Go to the "WitP AE Quick Start" box on the "Start" page (not the Desk Top)

- Right click it

- Go to the command line at the bottom of the screen and click on "Open File Location"

- You will be in a directory screen and "WitP AE Quick Start" will be highlighted - right click on it

- Click on "Properties" at the bottom of the pop-up box

- You will see the "Target" box highlighted in blue - click on it and it will go white and you can now type in it

- After "... Edition.exe" leave a space and start to type in the "-xxx" commands, leaving a space between each

- When you are done, click "Apply" and then "Okay"

I typed in everything that Colavito typed, including the "-deepColor" into that command line. That worked for me, it ought to work for you.

BTW - I also set the "compatibility mode" to run in "XP (service pack 3)
netab

Post by netab »

Thanks ADB123 - that did the trick. Now to work this game out. Thanks again.

Return to “Tech Support”