Need Help Choosing Games From Matrix Holiday Sale

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Veldor

Need Help Choosing Games From Matrix Holiday Sale

Post by Veldor »

Forget Price as a Factor, If I'm buying 5 games...which would you choose for the following 5 categories, 1 each:

1. Civil War: GG War Between the States, Forge of Freedom, or American Civil War Blue & Grey?
2. WW2: Storm Over The Pacific, Unity of Command, or GG World at War A World Divided?
3. Space 4x: Armada2526 or Distant Worlds?
4. Commander Series: Commander Europe at War Gold or the newest WWI game (not on sale)?
5. Matrix Fantasy: Advanced Tactics Gold Edition 2011 or something else from the holiday sale entirely?

I've already picked up Conflict of Heroes (Brilliant) and Close Combat Panthers in the Fog (Pretty Good) recently.
On a non-Matrix note I picked up StarDock's Elemental Fallen Enchantress and its about the best Master of Magic replacement I've ever seen (Brilliiant Game). I've finally grown bored with StarDock's previous brilliant game series Galactic Civilizations 2 which is why the Space 4x question above!
wodin

RE: Need Help Choosing Games From Matrix Holiday Sale

Post by wodin »

Space I'd say Distant Worlds

WW2 Unity of Command is popular, Time of Fury, Decisive Campaigns game or Command Ops (which would get my top recommendation)
Civil War beware that some of the older games only run at a certain resolution, though if that doesn't bother you Forge of freedom has good reviews. Scourge of War would be top of the list but it's not on sale)

Commander..The new WW1 game

Matrix Fantasy (general)..Field of Glory or Battle Academy or ATGold or AJE (great Rome game not on sale but no that expensive) or WW1Gold (I'd choose that over any other WW1 game but it is very hardcore)

So my five

Distant Worlds
Scourge of War
Command Ops (damn forgot about Achtung Panzer which might be more your thing liking Close Combat and all)
Commander WW1 (or WW1 Gold)
AJE

strictly by your list

Forge of Freedom
Unity of Command or Strom over the Pacific (tough one to choose from)
Distant Worlds
Commander WW1
AJE
DaBoost

Post by DaBoost »

I second Wodin's picks. Now if you can throw WitP:AE in there somewhere...
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Civilwar between the states GG's because you can play it solo-without the AI if you want AGEOD's you can't.  GG's A World Divided...excellent game.  My pick for ya.  GOod luck[;)]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

Return to “General Discussion”