Become the top General! Conflict of Heroes PC Tournament Signup

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

The Planning and Registration for the PC tourney is underway. If you're on the Academy Games mailing list, you should have received the message below from Uwe. For the rest of you, if you'd like to sign up send an email to:

uwe@academy-games.com

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP VIA THIS FORUM

Ongoing details of the event will be run from Board Game Geek (see link below)

Early details follow below:

Conflict of Heroes - Awakening the Bear Computer Game Tournament!

Sign up to command troops in a two round tournament scheduled to start in mid-January. Sign up deadline is January 9th.

1. Reply to this email with your name, email address, and country (time zone).

2. You will be assigned to a team of generals. You will be sent your team mate's emails so that you can come up with a team name, discuss strategies, and get to know each other. You and your team mates will play together for a group win or loss.

3. All teams will be told which firefight will be played in round one (it will not be a firefight included with the board game). Within a team, half of you will play as German commanders, half as Soviet commanders. You will be able to discuss strategies with each other.

4. You will be assigned an opponent from another team. You will have 2 weeks to complete the game. You will post the results on the reserved forum thread on BoardGameGeek. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10906223

5. Teams will be assigned victory points for wins only. Victory Points will equal the score differential in the game. Team scores will be ranked, along with the three highest scoring German and Soviet generals!

By running this tournament, we hope that you will get to know the other players on your team. They will include people from all around the world and hopefully you will find new gaming friends for the future.

If you do not own a copy of the computer Awakening the Bear game, you can order a physical copy of the game or instantly download the game! It faithfully reproduces the board game, plus adds dozens of new firefights! Play opponents from around the world or against the AI.

Awakening the Bear Update and Sale!

Thanks for signing up and good luck with the tournament!

Uwe Eickert
Academy Games

ueickert@gmail.com
Office: 419-637-5144
Cell: 419-307-2115
www.Academy-Games.com

Games from the Front
Drannoc

RE: Become the top General! Conflict of Heroes PC Tournament Signup

Post by Drannoc »

Cool I m in :-)

Thanks
IronFist00

Post by IronFist00 »

Any ETA on the decision on what mode the games will take place using (Classic AP or Persistent AP)? I have a feeling that will affect people's decision on whether to register, or at least that's how it sounds over on the BGG forum.
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

Hi IF

Yep, I'm going to post some updates tonight over on BGG.

Hope you can join!

Cheers.

[PS - I am Central Time US, so tonight is a few hours from this posting. : )}

[EDIT: Initial details posted over at BGG - Thanks]

Games from the Front
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

The tournament is about ready to get underway. I have space for an additional participant if anyone is interested. Drop me a note!

Thanks

Games from the Front
hugi

Post by hugi »

You got my apply via PM.

See you on the battlefield!

^^
hugi
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

Hi hugi

I just filled the spot about 10 minuets ago. Sorry about that. It there are further openings, I'll be sure to reach out to you first.

Thanks

Games from the Front

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”