Game crashes at end of battle

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Tursiops2

Game crashes at end of battle

Post by Tursiops2 »

Hi all, I'm new here. I hope someone can help.

I downloaded PitF a few days ago, hotfix installed. First run through the Grand Campaign, playing as the Americans with 5 Shermans and 2 M10s: Day 2, 1800 hrs, Bion map, the game crashes at the end of the battle. No "internal error" message, just the Windows message "Close Combat.exe has stopped working.. etc." I've replayed the battle 5 times, happens every time.

System specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1
AMD Phenom II X2 525
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

I'm afraid I don't know how to find or compress the save game file (I'm no techie, such things are a mystery to me).

Advice appreciated.

Geometer
SteveMcClaire

RE: Game crashes at end of battle

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Geometer - thanks for your report.

The saved game file will be in your Windows "Documents" folder under the sub-folder "Close Combat Panthers in the Fog\Saved Games." The file will be named as you see it in your save game list inside the game itself. You should be able to use Windows explorer to go to the folder, right-click the file, and pick "Sent To >" and "Compressed (zipped) Folder" from the pop-up menu. This will compress the file.

To add it to a post on the forum, click the "Post Reply" button, then click the link below the text-entry area that says "Click here to upload!" Select your zipped file and it should be added to the forum post once you hit "Ok" to post your reply.

Thanks,

Steve
Tursiops2

Post by Tursiops2 »

Thank you. Lets see if it works.
Attachments
OperationLuttichA1.zip
(671.1 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

That did the trick.  Thank you, I will have a look.

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Geometer -- do you recall if you did a Merge of any Battle Groups?

Tursiops2

Post by Tursiops2 »

I think I did, yes. IIRC, the map was originally defended by a Mech. Cav. Division which I merged with the Armd Division when they arrived. I also made a change to the roster pre-battle by replacing the default 3-Sherman platoon with one of 5 Shermans.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for confirming.  This will be fixed in the upcoming patch.  I can't give an exact date for this just yet, but it will be as soon as possible (post-holidays).

Tursiops2

Post by Tursiops2 »

OK, thanks for that Steve, I'll look forward to it. Apart from that glitch, it's a great game.

Return to “Tech Support”