No Effect Combat

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: doomtrader

Hakmeister

No Effect Combat

Post by Hakmeister »

After using the editor to make a few modifications, I've noticed that it corrupts the game files. I had to manually delete more than 500 characters from several lines in the commanders.csv file. Now I have another problem, the no effect combat. German units attack a polish unit at 6:1 odds and no damage occurs. A '0.0' result for all units. Attached is the consoleout.txt file.

This problem does not surface when I edit the games files using an editor. It only happens when I edit a scenario using the editor v1.05.

Thanks.
Attachments
ConsoleOut.txt
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Jon
doomtrader

RE: No Effect Combat

Post by doomtrader »

I don't think that the editor for SWiE has been released
Hakmeister

Post by Hakmeister »

If I didn't get it from you, then I should have been more careful. I will look into where I got it from.
Jon
Hakmeister

Post by Hakmeister »

http://forum.wastelands-interactive.com ... e-released

That's the link that I got the editor from. It's on one of your posts at the Wastelands forum. Are you one person or do other developers at Wastelands use Doomtrader as well?
Jon
Hakmeister

Post by Hakmeister »

Still waiting. I did revisit your site and you are an active participant in the editor discussion. So, what gives? The editor has a bug in it when saving that distorts combat. Has anyone else run into this problem? Has the editor been updated to a newer version?
Jon

Return to “Tech Support”