Allied need for resources

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

garywjamison

Allied need for resources

Post by garywjamison »

Fellow Gamers:

I am playing my first game as the historic Allies against the historic Japanese. I have send some resources from Australia to the United States. Is there any allied area that needs either resources or raw oil?

Threads on Japanese production showed a chart with turn-by-turn information on manpower, resources, vehicles, etc. Do such charts exist for the Allied player? I know that as the Allied player I can not change production but perhaps I can speed up arrivals.

Gary Jamison
Quixote

RE: Allied need for resources

Post by Quixote »

Short answer - As Allies you don't have to pay too much attention to moving Resources or Oil, except where it aids in denying them to the Japanese. (This is why you don't see any threads about it for the Allied side.) Moving Fuel is another matter.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

I never send anything to the USA, it isnt needed.

I do set up a small AKL convoy between Hilo & Oahu to feed the industry on Oahu with resources. They dont produce a lot but saves a bit on carting them from CONUS. I sometimes run convoys from Port Hedkand to Perth as much to remove them from JFB range as anything else.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

Don't bother with resources, or oil for that matter. You should, however, send supplies and fuel out of threatened bases (Indonesia, Philippines, etc) to bases you want to defend (Northern Australia, PM, etc). You'll need the supplies and oil later and all those xAK's you are evacuating from endangered ports might as well carry something on the way south.

Return to “The War Room”