Europe Aflame 2012 PBEM

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

sapper32

Europe Aflame 2012 PBEM

Post by sapper32 »

Now then guys ive started another EA game against Joao who has just whooped me as the Axis,Im taking the Axis this time and hope to get some payback [;)].
Ive opted to take the pre war extra forces which gives me 2x lt pzr corps,2x PzrGr Divs a Para Div,A powerfull fighter unit some motor arty and recon and AT assets to offset this the Red Army gets 2 Mech Armies,3 Motor Armies and 3 Shock corps.
In the first few turns i moved forces east to the Polish frontier while making sure the west was garrisoned against any western aggresion then i elected to invade Poland.
My first turn was a failure ending after 1 combat round so we move on to the next turn shown below
This turn my Pzr and Motor corps forced there way through and surged east to Warsaw leaving the Polish frontier armies to the infantry.

Attachments
Pol1.jpg
Pol1.jpg (441.07 KiB) Viewed 249 times
The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
sapper32

RE: Europe Aflame 2012 PBEM

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 7 Third combat round the Germans are fighting hard to force there way to the suburbs of Warsaw.

Attachments
pol2.jpg
pol2.jpg (411.35 KiB) Viewed 249 times
The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 8 The 19th Aug 1939.

The end of the last turn saw the Germans get a good position to directly attack Warsaw and its defenders from multiple sides which enabled me to repeatedly attack the defenders and take the city digging in a Pzr corps to ensure no couter attack could retake the capital.

Attachments
Pol3.jpg
Pol3.jpg (422.29 KiB) Viewed 249 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Also on turn 8 the Red army continues its earlier attack on Persia(Iran),My Persians are no match for the Red Armies hordes and ive concentrated all available units around the capital Tehran

Attachments
Persia1.jpg
Persia1.jpg (471.72 KiB) Viewed 249 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 9 The 26th Aug 1939

The Reds are closing in on Tehran all my troops are dug in now lets see how this plays out.

Attachments
Persia2.jpg
Persia2.jpg (256.92 KiB) Viewed 249 times
Cfant

Post by Cfant »

You play EA under Toaw version 3.4? You've got gutts![:D] Your defeat as the allies - was that played under 3.4 too?
However, I'll follow with interest [:)] What's your plan for '39? Yugoslawia and Norway? Benelux? The public needs infos! [;)]
secadegas

Post by secadegas »

ORIGINAL: Cfant2

The public needs infos! [;)]

And the opponent also... [:)]
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

ORIGINAL: Cfant2

You play EA under Toaw version 3.4? You've got gutts![:D] Your defeat as the allies - was that played under 3.4 too?
However, I'll follow with interest [:)] What's your plan for '39? Yugoslawia and Norway? Benelux? The public needs infos! [;)]

Hey Cfant2 Yes were playing version 3.4.202 this version of EA has been modified to optimise play under the latest version all the details are available on the Gamesquad website.
As for what is going to happen in the remainder of 1939 no final decisions have been made yet the German army is still resting and regrouping.
News from the middle east see's the Pesrian capital Tehran fall to the Red Army who will be dealt with in due course.
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 17 the 21st October 1939

The Red army strikes again this time its the Baltic states that are the target of communism my eastern border will have to be dealt with soon.

Attachments
balts1.jpg
balts1.jpg (415.39 KiB) Viewed 249 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 18 the 28th October 1939

The battle for the Baltic states is all but over my troops are about to surrender as Riga has being captured while ive chose to defend Kovno my mistake as in the 2012 version of EA Riga and not Kovno is the surrender trigger for the Baltic states

Attachments
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (454.02 KiB) Viewed 249 times
tcarusil

Post by tcarusil »

Totally unrelated, but which graphics mod are you using. I like what I am seeing. Thanks

TomC
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

ORIGINAL: tcarusil

Totally unrelated, but which graphics mod are you using. I like what I am seeing. Thanks

TomC

Hey Tom its called Photoscape its free and easy to use,

Ian
tcarusil

Post by tcarusil »

Ian:

Thank you for the information. Rather than me trying to reinvent the graphics you are using, would you mind posting your altgraphics file?

TomC
Cfant

Post by Cfant »

Isn't that the normal graphics of 3.4.?
However, where is the german war machine? Holiday in a) Norway b) Yugoslawia or c) France already ;) And what about Finland? Peaceful days or death in the snow?
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Yes they are the standard graphics that come with version 3.4 i thought Tom was refering to the editor i use to produce the typimg and arrows on my screenshots.
As for the war more is on the way i cant reveal to much at the moment but at the pace we are progressing it wont be long.
tcarusil

Post by tcarusil »

See what happens when you spend a lot of time experimenting with different graphic mods. After a while you forget what you have. Sorry for being such a dolt.

TomC
Edwire

Post by Edwire »

Nice to see a new AAR. Eager to see more [:)]
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 38 the 17th March 1940

The Sitzkreig has ended with the Soviet Union declaring war upon Finland although there have been no clashes yet,Germany has invaded the Low countries which gives me a shock bonus for 2 turns so i hope to get the job done pretty fast.
The German infantry of Army group B supported by airborne units will take care of the Netherlands while Army group A will race across Belgium and get into a position to attack the French army.

Attachments
low1.jpg
low1.jpg (355.69 KiB) Viewed 252 times
sapper32

Post by sapper32 »

Turn 39 The 24th March 1940

The invasion of the Low countries continues i need to capture Brussels and Amsterdam this will cause the Belgian and Dutch armies to surrender leaving the way open for the assault on France but to my annoyance an early turn end ceases all combat operations for this turn,The Benalux survives another week

Attachments
low2.jpg
low2.jpg (481.69 KiB) Viewed 252 times
Cfant

Post by Cfant »

hehe, the fins are tough guys, it will cost your opponent some time to fight them down. Maybe you can hold out until Barbarossa? :) I wonder, why your opponent didn't move into Belgium. This way, you only stand 6 Hex from Paris, and three turns of case yellow still ahead. Looks good :) To kick out Beglium and Netherlands within two turns needs luck, I guess. So no reason to worry about this ETE. Now go on and visit the city of love ;)

Return to “After Action Reports”