Multiplayer Stops Working

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Empire101

Multiplayer Stops Working

Post by Empire101 »

I am currently playing an immensely satisfying game on the Slitherine Multiplayer lobby against Warspite, but I have encountered a problem.

The game just stops working halfway through the replay. It remains that way until I push Cntrl/Alt/Delete. I then go into task manager and get the message CTGW has stopped working.

I have reloaded half a dozen times but cannot get past this point. The game currently stands at Turn 66/118 21st December 1916. We started having problems when Bulgaria/Romania entered the war, as the game would just crash, but we managed to get through that stage.

Any suggestions?
[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
[/font] - Michael Burleigh

johnnybravo

RE: Multiplayer Stops Working

Post by johnnybravo »

Thanks for report, investigating.
Empire101

Post by Empire101 »

I think I know what the problem was.

I was running ver1.1.2 and my opponent was running 1.1.4.

Sorry.
[font="Tahoma"]Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.

johnnybravo

Post by johnnybravo »

Actually it is not your fault, PBEM server was not updated to notify about game update. Sorry ;)
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: johnnybravo

Actually it is not your fault, PBEM server was not updated to notify about game update. Sorry ;)
warspite1

Sorry? You're sorry?? You've cost me the game!!! I want Compensation! I demand satisfaction!! Turn the machines back on!!*

* Name the film?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Empire101

Post by Empire101 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Sorry? You're sorry?? You've cost me the game!!! I want Compensation! I demand satisfaction!! Turn the machines back on!!*

* Name the film?

Is it 'Trading Places'?

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Empire101

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

* Name the film?

Is it 'Trading Places'?
warspite1

...is the correct answer! [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815

Return to “Tech Support”