Updating user databse while game underway?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ringerthrawn

Updating user databse while game underway?

Post by ringerthrawn »

I have a scenario that I have edited and continue to fine tune. I happened the change something in a user scenario and then loaded a saved game based off of that scenario. A text box popped up during the loading screen that asked if I wanted to apply recent database changes to this scenario. I thought that was a nice addition by the most recent patch. But when the saved game finally opened nothing had been updated. Any tips or other people seeing the same thing?
el cid again

RE: Updating user databse while game underway?

Post by el cid again »

Some things update, others do not.

Of those that do update, some take time to show up.

Devices update instantly, which is good.

Aircraft sort of update instantly, which is also good. But there are some limitations.
1) Air units always appear as they were when the game was started, and changes to air groups are ignored.
2) Air units may get the new plane data only if they 'upgrade' to the plane - otherwise the record remains as it was
defined at the beginning of the game. Note you can sometimes "upgrade" to a different type, then "upgrade" back -
and get the new loadout.
3) It is possible to define a new type - which will appear - but not have any units that can use it. Also, only Japan
can produce a newly defined type. An allied one will appear, but nothing will produce it - unless perhaps it is
an upgrade to a type in production already - which should work.

Land units only update IF they have a formation defined - and then only over time - as various conditions allow the
unit to reform in the way the formation changed.

oldman45

RE: Updating user databse while game underway?

Post by oldman45 »

Sorry to tell ya, a good rule of thumb is you cannot modify an ongoing game.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”