CASTLES OF STEEL SCENARIO

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, from the team that brought you War in the Pacific.

Moderator: Tankerace

Connfire

RE: CASTLES OF STEEL SCENARIO

Post by Connfire »

Great detail! Like the color scheme on the Russain ships!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Thanks Rob,the Russian fleet is now complete,I'm adding more to the French fleet at the moment,the armoured cruiser Amiral Charner class is the latest addition![8D]

Attachments
FrenchArm..assSide.jpg
FrenchArm..assSide.jpg (6.38 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

French Pre-dreadnought Jaureguiberry class joins the growing fleet in the Pacific![;)]

Attachments
FrenchPre..assSide.jpg
FrenchPre..assSide.jpg (6.94 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

CASTLES OF STEEL scenario update,I thought it was time I gave you all another update of whats happening,well where do I begin.Huge changes are taking place,for the first time I have started to upgrade the AI to give you all a harder time of it!

I'm not a computer programmer,by any stretch of the imagination but someone had to try and make the AI more off a challenge,and my initial trials are extremely promising,Tex had said that it was too easy to defend the Manilla etc,well that no longer is the case,the Japanese are much more attack minded here!as well as on the Chinese main land.[8D]
Make it so!
throttle8

Post by throttle8 »

Sound good Kirk! You are starting to turn into a Jack-of-all-trades! [:D]

Thanks for what you are doing for us and for the game. It is greatly appreciated. [&o]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

A close up combat screenshot showing the new art for the Soviet / Russian Navy![;)]

Attachments
Russianfleet.jpg
Russianfleet.jpg (128.83 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Make it so!
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

Wow! [X(]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Rob you gamers are in for a real treat with the CASTLES OF STEEL expansion update,heres another little taster Large Japanese Tanker all new artwork![;)]

Attachments
JnSide0099.jpg
JnSide0099.jpg (5.78 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Make it so!
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

They just keep getting more and more realistic Kirk. Thanks! [8D]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have been extremely busy doing more art work,some of which involves resizing the merchant ships,to the same scale as the warships,here is an example the new enlarged version of a Large AK!

Attachments
NewresizedLargeAK.jpg
NewresizedLargeAK.jpg (96.74 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have been toying with the idea off adding the German never completed Aircraft carrier to the game,and have decided well what the hell why not,so here she is Ausonia is in the game so there![8|]

Attachments
Germancarrier.jpg
Germancarrier.jpg (91.68 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Make it so!
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

Kirk,

After seeing all your hard work and talking with another guy, I decided that I need to get
WPO!

I am looking forward to using your stuff! Thanks in advance to all your time invested for
our enjoyment! [&o]

Ed
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hi thanks and welcome aboard this great game,you are joining at a very good time,as I'm sure you are aware from the previous post on this thread,I'm making major tweaks to the game for this expanded version of CASTLES OF STEEL,so watch this space more coming soon![;)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have some good and bad news people,the good news is the expansion for CASTLES OF STEEL scenario is progressing well.[;)]

But the bad news is the AI is extremely poor,I said I was trying to tweak the AI,well the more I look into it the more I find and less I like,the really bad news is that the stock AI does not target very much on the map,and as they say you only get out what you put in,I don't know if any off you ever noticed that the game comes with 2 editors one for the database with all the lists of devices, ships,aicraft and land forces etc,and one that deals with the scenarios AI,this one has 4 modules each for both sides that instructs the AI to target different areas of the map with preset forces to acheive certain objectives,well these modules only really target 2 map areas,and the rest is pretty much and add on second thought as it were,as I said thats the bad news.[:(]

Well for some more good news,I'm in the process of altering all the modules for the CASTLES OF STEEL scenario,one at a time,its really a matter of tedious book work,that in tales listing all the bases the Japanese player has in an area,and listing the bases that he wants to target for his objectives,for which I'm going to target nearly everything that the allies own,I will do the same for the Allies in their module,and what do you get punch ups all over the area fantastic or what!!!![8D]

Now some more bad news, this is not going to happen overnight,it's going to take time to do right with alot of testing,but rest assured I will make it happen chaps![:)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Screen shot showing the Scenario editor that comes with the game,with the all important AI MODULES HIGHLIGHTED IN RED.

Attachments
Scenarioe..eenshot.jpg
Scenarioe..eenshot.jpg (154.76 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Well the Soviets are now officially active in CASTLES OF STEEL expansion,they now have an AI MODULE dedicated to them and they are fighting there way to recapturing Port Arthur![:D]

Heres another screen shot showing the Soviets in action.[;)]

Attachments
Therussia..ecoming.jpg
Therussia..ecoming.jpg (123.03 KiB) Viewed 370 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have deleted this post!
Make it so!
throttle8

Post by throttle8 »

Thanks for all of you effort, Kirk. [&o]

Will it make for a good PBEM scenario? Looking forward to having some time to play it against Richie61! [:D]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Sorry folks but I can't get the AI MODULES to play ball with me,the Countrys Head Quarters keep changing the flags at other countrys ports and I don't know how to solve the problem,and it don't look like anyone from Matrix are going to help either,so I'm afraid we will have to rely on the AI that we currently use to play this great game,new link below converts the game to use the basic AI.Sorry folks but I have tried for days to find a solution to this but it's out with my knowledge.[:(]

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21808434 ... enario.zip
Make it so!
cowboy32b

Post by cowboy32b »

Can these files be placed for download again....

maybe zippyshare?

Return to “War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930”