Best Gift You Received This Christmas

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Missouri_Rebel

Best Gift You Received This Christmas

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

A great new computer chair. Super comfy. That and a new S&W .357.

In that order
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
SLAAKMAN

RE: Best Gift You Received This Christmas

Post by SLAAKMAN »

A new Japanese rice cooker. Now Ill have more field gear supply while defending our turf from Soviet aggression!
[:D]

Attachments
KHALKHINGOL.gif
KHALKHINGOL.gif (514.43 KiB) Viewed 133 times
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
wodin

Post by wodin »

I wish...due to financial restraints money I got from my Mum and Dad pre Xmas went on my daughters pressies..so the best Xmas pressie I had was being with my daughter for three hours this morning before she went to her nans and Mums for a week..on me own now
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

My daughters bought me underpants with Grumpy (my nickname) on them. Apparently I always have my Grumpy pants on! .... and now I do literally [:D]

Attachments
Grumpy.jpg
Grumpy.jpg (10.03 KiB) Viewed 133 times
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

Heat...[:D]

My furnace fritzed out on me Xmas Eve, couldn't get a repairman till Xmas Day.

Sometimes it's the simple gifts we take for granted that mean the most.[;)]
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

Nothing for me. Everything we have is being saved up for the rent. I'm gonna miss out on the WiptAe sale. At least I'll have a roof over my head. [:D]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
wodin

Post by wodin »

Looks like alot of us had a pressie less Xmas..times are tough.
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

I got a radio controlled Apache attack helicopter.... I am going to torment the cats with it.. wohahahahah.. at least until they catch it [:D]

Cheers

Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
Lieste

Post by Lieste »

Spent all day helping my daughter (7) unbox (and build) her various Lego LOTR creations ~ a huge thumbs up for Shelob from all... then she proceeded to thrash us at Munchkin, cackling the whole time, especially when she won when *I* picked up divine intervention and she had a cleric at Lvl 9.

We also watched the Hobbit the other day, and she was very pleased with the Goblin King ~ one of her favourites from the book, Smeagol/Gollum and the tantalising glimse of Smaug...

Was really funny to see the somewhat sharp divide in presents/cards from those who know and love her (Ringwraiths, Orcs, Sting, Nighloks {from Powerangers}, and the like, also more obscure Tolkein-alia ~ such as the Tale of the Children of Hourin), and relatives who don't get her at all ~ fluffy stuffed cats, baby animal sticker books, cards with snowmen and Santa Claus on them... Fortunately most have opted into a 'shared list' rather than trying to guess ~ but my Mum is hopeless... at least partly because she disapproves of fantasy in principle.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I am out of work right now and very stressed, so after all the xmas stuff was done my wife and daughters gave me the greatest gift of all. A little pease and a bottle of JACK. Cheers and happy holidays to you all.
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

I bought myself a goat milking stand :)

Getting ready to get some milk production going on my ranch when my two does kid within the next couple of months!

Also bought a couple of hundred votive candles to keep the old ranch house lit up at night without draining the batteries. The house is very cheery now.

And.. I've been frequenting the Gamer's Gate sales and picking up stuff like the complete Europa Universalis III games. Did the same for Hearts of Iron III and it's expansions through "Their Finest Hour". Picked up Trafalgar for East India Company. Oh and added Hearts of Iron II supplements like Doomday as well. Oh yea, and AGEOD's Pride of Nations for $5.

Bought Alea Jacta Est from AGEOD for a nice price.

I had a lot of pent up demand, but I've spent less than $50 for all of this stuff cuz I'm on a tight budget too. Just couldn't resist getting $40 games for $5 and all those bundle deals were great too.

Matrix ought to follow their example and have surprise daily deals with selected games discounted 70%. Quite frankly, a 30% discount just doesn't compare with the discounts I'm seeing all over the place. I stuck with Gamer's Gate to keep my game purchases centralized, but everybody is running sales. My big problem is my 10 gig data cap which I am close to busting, otherwise I'd have bought Skyrim to see what all the fuss is about it. Couldn't fit stuff like that into that dang 10 gig limit though (would have cost me $100 in overcharges just for that one game).

Now, after reading how tough things are for all you guys, I feel really bad, but...honest... all this stuff was less than $50 by monitoring their site daily and harvesting the bargains.

Hope things pick up for everybody in the new year though. I'm sending all my "lucky vibes" to you!
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: Lieste

Spent all day helping my daughter (7) unbox (and build) her various Lego LOTR creations ~ a huge thumbs up for Shelob from all... then she proceeded to thrash us at Munchkin, cackling the whole time, especially when she won when *I* picked up divine intervention and she had a cleric at Lvl 9.

We also watched the Hobbit the other day, and she was very pleased with the Goblin King ~ one of her favourites from the book, Smeagol/Gollum and the tantalising glimse of Smaug...

Was really funny to see the somewhat sharp divide in presents/cards from those who know and love her (Ringwraiths, Orcs, Sting, Nighloks {from Powerangers}, and the like, also more obscure Tolkein-alia ~ such as the Tale of the Children of Hourin), and relatives who don't get her at all ~ fluffy stuffed cats, baby animal sticker books, cards with snowmen and Santa Claus on them... Fortunately most have opted into a 'shared list' rather than trying to guess ~ but my Mum is hopeless... at least partly because she disapproves of fantasy in principle.

Superb you brought her up well..she sounds like my daughter..though not sure why people disapprove of fantasy..it's called using you imagination..one of our greatest gifts..
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I bought myself a goat milking stand :)

Hey, I grew up on a farm. Had goats and guns, chickens and horses, some cows and pigs. And of course, lots of war games. Panzer Leader from Avalon Hill was my favorite. Made a 4ft by 8ft game map and built up 5 divisions for both sides. and thanks for the well wishes. to you as well.

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

btd64

Post by btd64 »

Above Post To rhondabrwn. [:)]

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: wodin

ORIGINAL: Lieste

..though not sure why people disapprove of fantasy....
warspite1

I definitely approve of a bit of fantasy..French Maids, Nurses, handcuffs er....ahem...what were we talking about here?? ahem...I'll get my coat

rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Some of my fondest Christmas memories was the ritual family assembly of all the LEGO kits that we obtained. Always a couple of new sets every Christmas... and once those were assembled, out came the HUGE chest of LEGO parts for an orgy of building that lasted till New Years [:D]

Now that I am getting grandchildren I'm hoping the tradition will continue.

Did I tell you guys that my other son's wife is now expecting? Due in July :) That news was my real Christmas present this year.

And FANTASY is a key element of creative thinking! Reward it :)

Love you all!
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Josh

Post by Josh »

Best gift?

Friends and family visiting and having dinner together... priceless. The best things in life are free and priceless at the same time.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Although I got other more shiny and/or expensive gifts, my favorite gift this Xmas was a coffeemug painted by my 2y/o niece. Not really painted, as there are just a few lines on the mug, but the fact that I was the one that got it (she was allowed to chose who to give it to). Now THAT is a gift that warms the heart.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: terje439

Although I got other more shiny and/or expensive gifts, my favorite gift this Xmas was a coffeemug painted by my 2y/o niece. Not really painted, as there are just a few lines on the mug, but the fact that I was the one that got it (she was allowed to chose who to give it to). Now THAT is a gift that warms the heart.

Terje
warspite1

Quality [:)]

Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

My best gift was watching our grandson open his gifts.

But for me personally I did get Commander The Great War
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

Return to “General Discussion”