Partisans Rebalanced (v2 Second Edition AtB)

Post new mods and scenarios here.
IronFist00

Partisans Rebalanced (v2 Second Edition AtB)

Post by IronFist00 »

Awakening the Bear Second Edition Partisans Firefight

I was messing around with the CoH editor. I was learning on the fly and was able to create another Partisans FF version, this one based on the rebalanced Firefight in the second edition of Awakening the Bear. The three changes they made were:

1. Added another Soviet Rifle squad to the start.
2. Raised the Soviet starting Caps to 7 (from 6) and lowered the Germans to 6 (I believe it was 8 originally).
3. Germans start with Initiative in Round 1.

I was able to implement 1 & 2 but the editor doesn't have the capability to do #3 yet. However an easy work around is if the Soviet player wins initiative to start round 1, they pass. It accomplishes the same thing.

I uploaded the compressed file on dropbox.

For Single Player against the AI:
Under My Documents\Western Civilization Software\Conflict of Heroes\Data, there are two folders, Scenarios and Maps. Unzip my files into Scenarios. Under Maps you need to copy all the Partisan files located in the Maps folder under the CoH install directory. Otherwise you won't get the hi-res stuff. There should be 26 files. I grabbed anything with ATB1 and copied it over.

Then when you start the game, go to "Additional Scenarios" instead of Awakening the Bear and you should see Partisansv3. Launch it and make sure everything is fine.

For Multiplayer:
In "\\Matrix Games\Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear\Data\Scenarios\CustomLobbyFirefights" place the files in there too. Now they will be available for play in the Lobby too.

1/20/13 Edit - Added a v3 of the Partisans FF because of some bugs I found in v2 plus added the multiplayer instructions.
junk2drive

RE: Partisans Rebalanced (v2 Second Edition AtB)

Post by junk2drive »

Thanks for sharing.

Do you recommend vs AI or MP? For MP these files should go in the game folder Data\Scenarios\CustomLobbyFireFights
The readme
Copy the scenario files of any custom firefights you wish to play over the COH lobby to this directory.

Copy the corresponding map files to your Data/Maps/ directory. see below

Your lobby opponent must put identical copies of these files in the same locations on his hard-drive.

Any certain options?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
IronFist00

Post by IronFist00 »

This Firefight can be used for either multiplayer or solo so I guess it needs to go in either or both depending on the person's desire. I used the existing Partisans as a template to I gave the new unit the same AI behaviour. If played solo, I would recommend playing it from the German side.

I would recommend Persistent if playing solo against the AI. Multiplayer could be either Classic or Persistent.

If you try it J2D, let me know what you think of the balance compared to the first one.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Since you asked me to, I will. I forgot the Persistent or Classic question. I knew there was one more.

Your link to dropbox only has one zip of 1.7mb with the scenario files.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Reread your first post. I ended up copying your files to Documents\WCS etc and the maps from CoH to there as well. There is no menu selection for Custom Firefights. Not sure that Eric set this up yet.

Only took about half an hour to beat the Soviet AI easily. On easy setting.

Attachments
Screenshot (6).jpg
Screenshot (6).jpg (258.84 KiB) Viewed 147 times
IronFist00

Post by IronFist00 »

J2D, thanks for trying it out!
IronFist00

Post by IronFist00 »

Updated the files because of a bug I found playing H2H (Soviet player wasn't always getting a card on Round 2). See my edited first post for more info and to grab the updated version (if interested).

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”